New member - St. Louis, MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clipside

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys. I'm new to ScubaBoard after lurking the forums for a few months.

I originally got certified with PADI back in 2015, but after a very long hiatus, just got back into it earlier this year. Figured since I'm still new, GUE Fundamentals would be a good place to start (over). Took fundies last month and only finished with a provisional, which was to be expected. I'm currently in the process of building my skills up to go back for a rec pass. My longer term plans would be to get in to Cave diving.

I'm based out of St. Louis, but visit family in Jacksonville, FL often, so looking to meet more midwest/Florida divers!

Welcome
(south) Florida diver here!

Believe it or not, there is an active GUE community in the Midwest - @MWUE host events at Mermet throughout the year including GUE Fundamentals. Always a good time with a friendly group of people and occasionally a cow.

Believe it or not, there is an active GUE community in the Midwest - @MWUE host events at Mermet throughout the year including GUE Fundamentals. Always a good time with a friendly group of people and occasionally a cow.
Yep, I've actually joined the group a few months back. I look forward to diving with them, but I think I'll have to wait until I do some drysuit training (and a drysuit) first since that's a lot of cold water diving. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with them on their next Mermet trip.

Yep, I've actually joined the group a few months back. I look forward to diving with them, but I think I'll have to wait until I do some drysuit training (and a drysuit) first since that's a lot of cold water diving. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with them on their next Mermet trip.
There are a few intrepid folks who dive wetsuits when the water warms up, but a drysuit opens the year around diving opportunities for sure! Look forward to meeting you at a future event!

I'm based out of St. Louis, but visit family in Jacksonville, FL often, so looking to meet more midwest/Florida divers!
I live in the St. Louis area, and dive Mermet almost every other weekend year-round (if I'm not traveling to somewhere more interesting). There are also local(ish) cavern/cave diving like Benet Springs and Roubidoux Springs.

I live in the St. Louis area, and dive Mermet almost every other weekend year-round (if I'm not traveling to somewhere more interesting). There are also local(ish) cavern/cave diving like Benet Springs and Roubidoux Springs.
I haven't been to Mermet yet but given the distance I'll also try to get down there when I can! I have quite a ways to go before start I thinking about caves, but good to know there are some spots within driving distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom