Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LHVFD

Reaction score
:tribute:
Hi: New member from southeastern Ohio. I am a member of a small fire department dive team. We work in conjuction with the county sherriffs dept. We cover the 4th largest county in Ohio and also respond into W.Va. The Ohio river (vis of 6" on good day) borders the 2 states and runs for 88 miles in our responce area, plus numerious feeder rivers and streams. I have been on the Little Hocking V.F.D for 24 years as a firefighter and an E.M. T. for 22 years. At my place of employment I am on the hazmat team, fire birgade, medical team and confined space rescue team's for 10+ years. I am looking forward to excanging ideas with you all and learning from you. I would be interested in any underwater training classes you have designed for your home department, we are in a kind of training slump and are looking for new ideas. Something interesting and fun also. Our dive team consists of 3 Dive Rescue 2 certified divers and 10 shore support personel. Thanks in advance, Jim

very impressive work LHVFD, Welcome to the board

Welcome to the Board LHVFD.

Sounds like they keep you busy - I really respect that you and your colleagues put yourselves on the line for people in danger that you've never even met before.

I hope you find lots of useful info on this Board and have some fun too!

Happy diving!

Welcome to the Boards! I am a captain in the Avon Volunteer Fire Department. The County dive team runs all of the water rescues around here. Some of the departments nearer the Finger Lakes have their own ice/water teams but away from the lakes we rely on the County. Welcome again!

I'm on a local SO dive team and been running into the same problems of trying to find new training ideas. Here are a few that we've been doing lately.

First responder type drills with only mask, snorkel, fins in a olympic size pool. Doing search patterns incorporating spare air into the mix. Also on mask, snorkel, fins; we been bringing up submerged/unconcious diver up from 15 ft of water.

Every once in awhile we get out of hand and take the dive boat out and go wreck diving to keep up the dive skills.

Welcome to the board!! Have fun and be safe!

welcome to the board!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom