New NAD Lad Lovin' Lembeh!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midge, as usual, has good advice, however after just getting home from 2 China Air flights (SFO>Taipei/Taipei>Jakarta) I am reminded why I like flying with them. Comfortable, newer planes that are very well attended. And they serve decent meals, you don't pay extra for watching movies (on the Airbuses they run they have individual seat videos & controls) the seats offer hope of sleep etc. Heck, in this era they are practically the Orient Express for flying economy (but I have heard good things about EVA!).

Yes, Simon will book your flights for you--he took care of ours or you can use PayPal on Garuda's site etc. One-way costs the same as round trip per flight, so if you find a better return schedule, want to go back via Bali, whatever, you can book individual legs on various airlines. Simon didn't seem to have an opinion about Lion Air vs Garuda but did mention that his wife Zee preferred Garuda, so we actually flew each when coming and going from Jakarta to Manado. (I try not to be negative, so I won't say who to fly on the Jakarta/Manado route. My self-discovery though is that apparently Lion Air's current slogan, "We make people fly!", must be a shortened version of the original, which could have read: "We make people fly...or our planes would be empty.")

Just got in a few hours ago so I'll get out a better trip report later. Two weeks went fast, the entire stay was great. Will post a few pics w/ my report but you know what they teach: "NEVER hold your breath!". :eyebrow: // ww

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom