New Norte Today 28JAN- Thursday 01FEB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stingrayvilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999

Attachments

• Norte-washes-up-Sailboat-1140x742.jpg
    Norte-washes-up-Sailboat-1140x742.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 40
I will be diving on the East side with Gatosreef on Thursday.
I've never heard of them before.

From glancing at their facebook page (ugh, facebook. makes me want to wipe down my keyboard when I'm done), I get the impression that they don't have a park permit and that they go to the north/east a lot.

It's good to hear about an operator that goes there regularly, though if there's a norte and the port is closed...I don't see how that's possible.

Their "website" doesn't have much info, but conspicuously absent (for me) when reading about an operator running those dives was any mention of safety equipment on the boat (O2, radio), a requirement for divers to have and know how to use a DSMB, mention of PLB or radios for each diver, etc.

Have you dove with them before? What was your experience?

Gato and Chino used to work for Aldora and are highly respected dive and boat Captain. They broke from Aldora and run their own boat now. I think Jorge works there also.

Yes, they are good guys, and one time Gato sort of saved my life. But I am afraid that because of finances they may not be able to provide all the safety you might want. Would I personally dive with them…you bet, but I have many thousands of dives with them before and know how to take care of myself.

DAVE DILLEHAY

This is a tough one to be sitting on the shore - beautiful blue skies and "perfect" weather IF you are 1 block away from the water. The north wind is chilly and water is very choppy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom