New Options in Ambon???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm in the midst of putting together a week-long solo trip in March and really, really would love to return to Ambon. This may be wishful thinking but thought it might be worth a try...

Has anyone heard of any new options there? As far as I can tell, there are a couple of backpacker options and another with Raja Ampat prices. I'm hoping someone has opened at the price point/level as the sadly lost Dive Into Ambon.

Thanks in advance.

I know for sure there is a new operation (french owned, partly by Alor Divers) that was expected to be open at the end of 22 but they're late on their schedule. It should be positioned in that middle range of the market price you're looking for.
They are located on the other side of the bay, that is south side of the bay facing north. This is a really good spot, protected as well.
Will they open by march 23? I have no clue.

I know for sure there is a new operation (french owned, partly by Alor Divers) that was expected to be open at the end of 22 but they're late on their schedule. It should be positioned in that middle range of the market price you're looking for.
They are located on the other side of the bay, that is south side of the bay facing north. This is a really good spot, protected as well.
Will they open by march 23? I have no clue.
Good to know someone is trying to fill that void even if I cant do it this spring. Aint no way I am paying liveaboard prices to dive muck literally two minutes from the resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom