New OrcaTorch Submersible Headlamp Coming Soon on Amazon! 😎😎

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Dear friends, we are about to launch a new diving headlight on Amazon. In order to help us improve the Orcatorch diving light, we really need your valuable opinions.

Can you take a minute to tell us your opinions and thoughts on the diving headlight? Any ideas can be put forward, especially ideas about the needs of diving headlight accessories, thank you for your support~ :heart: :heart: :heart:

Since you don't have a concept/rendering picture, you are leaving the readers to think about problems similar to the GoPro camera head straps which are a disaster. That headgear falls off on entry, the elastic is too flexible and it wobbles. Is your headlamp a dual side by side with room in the center for my GoPro? How heavy is it? If there is a chin strap, will a hood still fit over it? Does the mask strap go under or over your light strap? Is this the same as the D560 which takes 2 hands to turn on the rotary switch, cause that's probably not going to work on your head. Orca Torch has some good products but you should post a rendering if it's not available to launch.

Since you don't have a concept/rendering picture, you are leaving the readers to think about problems similar to the GoPro camera head straps which are a disaster. That headgear falls off on entry, the elastic is too flexible and it wobbles. Is your headlamp a dual side by side with room in the center for my GoPro? How heavy is it? If there is a chin strap, will a hood still fit over it? Does the mask strap go under or over your light strap? Is this the same as the D560 which takes 2 hands to turn on the rotary switch, cause that's probably not going to work on your head. Orca Torch has some good products but you should post a rendering if it's not available to launch.
Or even they maybe become a supporter if they're going to continue using the forum to spam product advertisement. :wink:

Or even they maybe become a supporter if they're going to continue using the forum to spam product advertisement. :wink:
Considering the length of time and how often they have plugged their product line, it doesn't seem to matter to the folks that own/run ScubaBoard...Why does that matter to you?

-Z

Considering the length of time and how often they have plugged their product line, it doesn't seem to matter to the folks that own/run ScubaBoard...Why does that matter to you?

-Z

My take ...

Just because SB "management" doesn't harass, block, comment on, etc. on purely commercial, but non-sponsoring Thread-Vertizers (TM :wink: ) it does not necessarily mean that it doesn't matter to them. While I have no inside knowledge, SB principals seem to be as laissez-faire as is practical to maintain reasonable order without being the SCUBA(Board) Police.

I believe that the defacto SB policy of allowing "free" commercial advertisement threads benefits us as a community by allowing small startups, cottage-producers, side-hustles, etc. a place to present their innovations and maybe gain some traction with no cost barrier. If that proves to be successful, an upright seller should then step up with a supporter/sponsorship contribution reasonably commensurate with volume/revenue.

OrcaTorch is certainly a non-trivial presence in the dive-light market. An entity with an ORCATORCH Store Amazon presence and posting many advertisements in the OrcaTorch manufacturer sub-foum might be reasonably be perceived to either an arm/subsidiary of OrcaTorch and/or a reasonably high-volume seller of OrcaTorch products. In my mind that would likely be commensurate with a Sponsorship Level. To the extent that it is an arm/subidiary, they are looking to leverage SB to take advantage of the higher margins and broader market available through direct(ish) sales vs. only the wholesale channel.

I have an OrcaTorch D620 and I think it is an excellent product. My comments here do not mean I would boycott OrcaTorch. I would however, be much more inclined look for another purchase pathway.

2 psi ...

Dear friends, we are about to launch a new diving headlight on Amazon. In order to help us improve the Orcatorch diving light, we really need your valuable opinions.

Can you take a minute to tell us your opinions and thoughts on the diving headlight? Any ideas can be put forward, especially ideas about the needs of diving headlight accessories, thank you for your support~ :heart: :heart: :heart:
I don't understand what you are looking for here,

Do you have a finished product entering production and distribution and you JUST want suggestions on accessories?
--- If so, show what you've got so we can talk about relevant things. The devil is always in the details.

Are you crowdsourcing the design of the product from the ground up?
--- Great (awesome actually), because I do have ideas.

You state you are about to launch the light. But next you are asking for input? No product shown, not even a rendering. I'm at a loss here. Are you about to release a product, or about to try to design something? The mixed messages don't point one way or the other.

Please support scubaboard

Can you make it so it doesn't blind your buddies when you look at them?
How about equipping it with a little propeller?
But yeah, if you're going to advertise here show a little love and pony up.

Hi all my friends, I'm very sorry, I forgot to add the picture attachment of the TD01 headlight, please check the picture below. Thank you for your reminder. :heart:

Attachments

• 画板 2.jpg
    画板 2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 62
  • TD01-英文_13.jpg
    TD01-英文_13.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 48
  • TD01-英文_02.jpg
    TD01-英文_02.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 55
  • TD01-英文_03.jpg
    TD01-英文_03.jpg