New passage in Shepherd Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PfcAJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
WKPP divers discovered a new passage in Shepherd Spring last year. A low, wide, pitch black tunnel opens up into a huge north/south trunk.

Shep’s is unique in that it’s totally devoid of life. No crawfish. No catfish. I haven’t even seen a isopod in there. Very weird.

Here’s a video from a few weeks ago, thought y’all might enjoy :)

Incredible. What an experience it must be to be the first person to ever see that!

Love or hate those guys, there's no denying that they do some amazing exploration.

I wish they would get some camera upgrades. I'd like to see it in 4k or 8k since I'll never make it there myself. They need to get nat geo to sponsor them with something from RED.

Would also be nice if the videos weren't uploaded as "Content Made for Kids", since YT doesn't let you add them to Watch Later or other playlists (or watch in the miniplayer, like, comment, etc.) I don't think cave diving videos meet either criteria below :)

According to the FTC’s guidance on the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), a video is made for kids if:

• Children are the primary audience.
  • Children are not the primary audience, but the video is still directed to children based on factors such as the subject matter of the video, whether the video has an emphasis on kids characters, themes, toys or games, and more.

Would also be nice if the videos weren't uploaded as "Content Made for Kids", since YT doesn't let you add them to Watch Later or other playlists (or watch in the miniplayer, like, comment, etc.) I don't think cave diving videos meet either criteria below :)

According to the FTC’s guidance on the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), a video is made for kids if:

• Children are the primary audience.
  • Children are not the primary audience, but the video is still directed to children based on factors such as the subject matter of the video, whether the video has an emphasis on kids characters, themes, toys or games, and more.
Should be fixed now.

WKPP divers discovered a new passage in Shepherd Spring last year. A low, wide, pitch black tunnel opens up into a huge north/south trunk.

Shep’s is unique in that it’s totally devoid of life. No crawfish. No catfish. I haven’t even seen a isopod in there. Very weird.

Here’s a video from a few weeks ago, thought y’all might enjoy :)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=...4rxQsfVz2bVVDQ&v=Z8CMm5WqgcE&feature=youtu.be

Very nice!
Were/are you a part of the exploration effort or are you just linking it for the rest of us to enjoy?

Very nice!
Were/are you a part of the exploration effort or are you just linking it for the rest of us to enjoy?
I was fortunate to participate in the discovery of this passage. Blake Wilson and I explored the smaller, black tunnel and found the big north/south passage in May 2019. In July, we went back and explored the big tunnel southbound for a few thousand feet. The passage continues at a restriction but we were at our time limit for the day so we didn't push through. Casey and Blake have been working the northbound tunnel (seen in this video).

Watched Casey's presentation at DUI's monthly Deep Dive last week, was nicely informative. DUI's Facebook page has the replay for anyone interested.

I was fortunate to participate in the discovery of this passage. Blake Wilson and I explored the smaller, black tunnel and found the big north/south passage in May 2019. In July, we went back and explored the big tunnel southbound for a few thousand feet. The passage continues at a restriction but we were at our time limit for the day so we didn't push through. Casey and Blake have been working the northbound tunnel (seen in this video).
Thanks for sharing, and keep up the awesome work! :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom