New Review of Sea&Sea DX-2G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been using the Sea&Sea "DX" line since 2003, from the 3000 model to the 5000, all photos in my gallery have been taken with mostly the 5000 and a few with the 3. If you want to see what these cameras can do, http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/24249

Remember some photoshopping has been done to most files; removing backscatter and bumping up levels mostly, but the basic shots are still very impressive for a "compact" camera.

I now own the 2G. Although I've yet to get the 2G in the water, I have been very impressed with the battery life, and many new features that the earlier versions did not have.

The camera it's self is smaller than the earlier versions, although the u/w housing is a little larger, but the "buttons and knobs" have been improved for better access, especially the shutter release that is now a lever rather than a button and seems to make the 1/2-way push for focusing easier.

So far, the pictures I've taken with it, in various modes, have all been very nice. I use it in my daily work to photo buildings for pre-construction documentation. The 12Meg pixle resolution is much noticable over the 5Megs and at the camera seems to capture color very well.

Look at the "Sea&Sea Society" sub-forum Sea&Sea Society - ScubaBoard
more reviews and commentary on the camera have been posted there.

Hi Dive Scoop, I don't have the DX-2G but I do have the DX-1G that is very similar and really like the camera. It can shoot in a variety of modes from simple point and shoot to full manual. The 2G also shoots RAW pictures as well. If you are new to UW photography, you will initially want to use the camera in the point and shoot mode. However, as I got better, I wanted to jump into manual mode and this camera allows you to grow with you. It is very compact and easy to handle underwater. My system includes a wide angle lens, a close-up lens, and two YS-110a strobes. You can get fantatic pics from this camera. If you click on my "photos" link under my name in the left you can see pics taken with the DX-1G. The camera also takes great above water pics as well. I used it last year on a trip to Egypt and I was very impressed with the quality.

Regards,

Bill

In the Alert magazine there is an article with JG and even a picture showing him holding his personal DX-1/2G with per him, a custom clear back. If it is good enough for him----.

On the scubatoys forum Devildiver has an article on how to mount the Fisheye ultra wide angle lens under Photo Equipment and some impressive examples of his work with the lens.
N

I use it on UWPhoto courses, I really like how easy you can connect strobes and lenses... I find it really practical and easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom