New Scuba Technology?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Jay

Contributor
Reaction score
Found this article on the net:

A new, interesting technology, but I don't think it will be adopted by the GUE.

-------------------------------------------------
Thanks to a co-operative development team headed by Navy Divers, USDivers and Hormel Chili, new mixed gas rebreathing technology has been developed to tap a natural gas source carried in the human body. Project "Butox" was created to convert natural body methane into a viable air source using existing military rebreather technology. Sgt.Major Ophgaus of the Navy's Phlatulence Unit (PU) stated in an interview:

"It was a grand idea just sitting under our noses. It came to us in a blast of inspiration during chow. Private O'durs happened to be sitting on his snorkle when *Phhhrt!* it blew over us."

The Flatulence Anal Rebreather Tank (FART) technology is basically a rectal
snorkle hooked into rebreather unit fed by natural body gases. Special care has to be taken as to diet prior to dives, and methane exposure limits should be observed. The unit has been known to get overloaded by excessive
amounts of beans, kraut, tofu, and/or cheap beer prior to diving.

Manufacturers of SpareAir are foreseeing competition of their existing
product. Rather than having to carry a redundant air source FART divers
merely have to pull their finger (or buddy's finger) for air in a pinch.

While no instances of Butox decompression illness has been reported, technicians recommend carrying essential safety equipment on board dive boats for emergency treatment of an anal embolism including oxygen suppositories and a disposable bic lighter.
-------------------------------------------------

I do believe that Warhammer was a contributor, but I could be mistaken.....:confound:
original article

I don't know.... sounds like a lot of hot air to me.

That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. That might even be better than the DIR excursion to the nightclub.

:rofL:

Back
Top Bottom