New Seacraft Go! DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ultimately I am running into range issues for the dives I want to do even with the 20Ah batteries in my Blacktips. I just want a more reliable scooter with more thrust and a larger battery. The Blacktips have served me well and I am big fan / proponent of them for their price range. It may seem like I am disparaging them but they are great DPvs.

I think a lot of people fail to see what the Blacktip is, a value scooter. They made compromises in the design to hit the desired price point and with features that favor the original travel market that it was designed for. And this scooter likely also had to make compromises to hit the desired price point. There is a reason why DPVs are so expensive and it sure ain't profit in this niche industry.

I haven't gotten mine wet yet, because I want experience before I start scooting the first thousand feet, and find myself up to 2,000 ft away from the exit. But ultimately I know it has limitations, and at some point I will need a second scooter and that would best be a longer range expedition grade scooter. But the nice thing about these quality but still value scooters is that when you finally drop $8k on an expedition grade scooter, you can use the value scooter as you back up scooter.

I think a lot of people fail to see what the Blacktip is, a value scooter. They made compromises in the design to hit the desired price point and with features that favor the original travel market that it was designed for. And this scooter likely also had to make compromises to hit the desired price point.

The blacktip WAS the best value at the original price point and before this one came along.

FWIW, I do have a blacktip in my fleet and I like it a lot for what it is. That said, I’d rather have the Go.

Great thread.

The blacktip WAS the best value at the original price point and before this one came along.

FWIW, I do have a blacktip in my fleet and I like it a lot for what it is. That said, I’d rather have the Go.

Only assuming that the price is under $4k USD.

Now this might be based on higher value of the Euro, but right now the only online prices I can find for the US is at Cave Adventurers.
Future 750 6500 € ($6,420USD) MSRP -> $8,350 USD CA Price
Ghost 1500 8800 € ($8,692 USD) MSRP -> $12,775 USD CA Price

Customs duties and shipping might be the killer.

Hi everyone,

As one of the Seacraft dealers. Let me clear out some questions I've seen here and there.

- yes the price is with all 6 battery segments
- the reason why seacraft scooters are so much more efficient, reliable and silent than our competitors is because we used a water-cooled AC brushless motor. Unlike most other brands which will use brushed motors. So no unfortunately Wh are absolutely not equivalent. They are tightly coupled to the motor efficiency.
- Magnetic prop which means no bearing no shaft. Heavily reduce the risk of leak.
- Housing compression screw as all the other models that ensure highest flood resistance (who said you need a vacuum pump for your scooter 🙄)
- Comes with all the classic seacraft Goodies such as removable prop under water and virtually inexistant maintenance (bushing can be changed after a few hundreds of hours).
- Total weight under 10kg with everything
- Battery modules are TSA certified you can take up to 20 in your carry on luggage.
- one module fails? No problem. You can run the scooter on a single battery module if you like ensuring that a battery failure won't ruin your dive or vacation.
- 9 gears with a pre swirl stator to counter act the torque on your wrist (one finger steering).
- 1 reverse gear
- Can be trimmed perfectly neutral and flat
- 3 modes : freediving / spearfishing, beginner and advanced scuba
- we expects a range of 3.5h on cruise speed (gear 5) depending on config.
- oh and of course external charging port because why would you need to open the scooter to charge. Opening any scooter is taking a slight risk to damage the surfaces or o ring. We want you to do that only when strictly necessary. Such as traveling.

Retail price in the US: +/- 4100$
Delivery starts in February

This scooter will no doubt be a total hit, it's the best scooter in its category by a mile. I encourage you to not trust me and come test it in Miami FL with me 👌

Feel free to contact me privately if you have questions or want to pass an order. If you're outside of Florida no sales tax 😊 (only shopping to the US).

Taking pre-orders immediately.

Jonathan
Owner Blueworldexplorers.com
6B76A94E-2398-4951-893D-8C25F93BCBAF.jpeg
C3E63957-5B63-4F73-8AA6-4EEB7EEB52BD.jpeg
A83E8B8A-6238-45A8-B6C0-A3DF2B0A488D.jpeg
F10E8141-0003-49B0-BF24-9B1DE6ED7790.jpeg
DEECB327-1D2F-4E3D-8B48-19B85F87A889.jpeg

Hi everyone,

As one of the Seacraft dealers. Let me clear out some questions I've seen here and there.

- yes the price is with all 6 battery segments
- the reason why seacraft scooters are so much more efficient, reliable and silent than our competitors is because we used a water-cooled AC brushless motor. Unlike most other brands which will use brushed motors. So no unfortunately Wh are absolutely not equivalent. They are tightly coupled to the motor efficiency.
- Magnetic prop which means no bearing no shaft. Heavily reduce the risk of leak.
- Housing compression screw as all the other models that ensure highest flood resistance (who said you need a vacuum pump for your scooter 🙄)
- Comes with all the classic seacraft Goodies such as removable prop under water and virtually inexistant maintenance (bushing can be changed after a few hundreds of hours).
- Total weight under 10kg with everything
- Battery modules are TSA certified you can take up to 20 in your carry on luggage.
- one module fails? No problem. You can run the scooter on a single battery module if you like ensuring that a battery failure won't ruin your dive or vacation.
- 9 gears with a pre swirl stator to counter act the torque on your wrist (one finger steering).
- 1 reverse gear
- Can be trimmed perfectly neutral and flat
- 3 modes : freediving / spearfishing, beginner and advanced scuba
- we expects a range of 3.5h on cruise speed (gear 5) depending on config.
- oh and of course external charging port because why would you need to open the scooter to charge. Opening any scooter is taking a slight risk to damage the surfaces or o ring. We want you to do that only when strictly necessary. Such as traveling.

Retail price in the US: +/- 4100$
Delivery starts in February

This scooter will no doubt be a total hit, it's the best scooter in its category by a mile. I encourage you to not trust me and come test it in Miami FL with me 👌

Feel free to contact me privately if you have questions or want to pass an order. If you're outside of Florida no sales tax 😊 (only shopping to the US).

Taking pre-orders immediately.

Jonathan
Owner Blueworldexplorers.com
View attachment 752107View attachment 752108View attachment 752109View attachment 752110View attachment 752111

Thank you for clarifying. Is the monitor shown in your pictures for the seacraft navigation system?

I guess we have a Go coming for demo as well here!

Can't wait to see the little bugger

Hmm. Blacktip at $2000 (in man money -- batteries aren't mentioned when getting the budget). Excellent functionality AND you can use the batteries for power tools AND you can fly with the thing and beg/borrow/rent batteries at the destination

Seacraft Go at around $4000 (inc tax, inc batteries). It does look a quality DPV with nice features.

It's a lot harder to get budgetary approval for $4k than $2k. I'd rather have a scooter in the hand than looking at one in the shop.

The Go looks really appealing on the spec sheet and the price isn't bad considering performance. Seems like it'd be a great all around unit especially for travel. It really fits right where I want in terms of capability and portability and what seems like a great form factor for a backup scooter if I ever get a longer range DPV.

I really have a hard time getting over the battery costs on these things though. According to Seacraft's price list a full set of 6 modules would run €1620. Even at current USD/EUR rate and assuming $0 import and taxes that's nearly half the price of the DPV itself (or just about the price of a whole blacktip). Considering the same WH in 18650's runs about ~$280 for high quality cells that seems quite steep.

Sure, I know DPV's are fairly niche and so prices are going to be high for good stuff, but I'd happily pay more for a product that's more consumer friendly when it comes to DIY repair and not being robbed blind when it comes time to replace the batteries.

Really hoping someone else like Logic Dive Gear steps in and offers something similar to the Go but with consumer friendly battery replacement and maintenance options. For that reason alone I still think, for me, the Blacktip is probably still a more reasonable choice despite being blown out of the water by the Go on paper. But hey, maybe I'm just a cheap skate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom