New "Supermarket"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on my experience on the mainland, Mega is excellent. Good bakery and produce section and pleasant to shop there. Well stocked with good variety. Soriana's is nice and more up-scale then Chedraui by far, but it's also more expensive and I didn't really think it was worth it. There are lots of Mexican brands for everyday things that I'm happy with so having to pay extra for US brands was annoying with some items (again, this was in Playa, might be totally different in Cozumel since the location should get mostly locals, not renters and tourists...)

The Chedraui in Playa did make improvements as more competition came in. Every store has it's highlights and I do fine getting what I want and need at any of them. Each seems to have found their loyal following and they are coexisting well together.

Yeh, I've grown accustomed to many Mexican brands, and some I even find are superior to US brands and/or are US brands under a MX label...so that's not so much the issue with me. I have found all of the stores on the mainland to be maintained and more adequately stocked than Chedraui here. Again, I think it's because they had no REAL competition before.

Even when I make my Sam's run to the mainland, I often go into Sorianna or the Chedraui there and say to myself: "Why can't our Chedraui be this nice?" The competition here will be nice and is NEEDED :D

Christi:
It will force that pigsty Chedraui to clean up their act.
Amen! Going there is never the highlight of my trips.

We made a couple trips to Chedraui while there. Location was convenient from Coz Palace. Store was chaotic.

Somebody had told us that the new structure was going to be a WalMart, that the other store backed out and WalMart was stepping in. Guess that just goes to show what hearsay leads to.

Hmmm. There should be a sign at the site -- CM's pelican logo was painted there this winter -- Anyone willing to go over there and take a look?

Our guy at LessPay was very enthusiastic about the new supermarket. He told me it was a new Chedraui though. But I am sure it is the other food chain going in.

The Chedraui sure beats the other food store located west of town

Our guy at LessPay was very enthusiastic about the new supermarket. He told me it was a new Chedraui though. But I am sure it is the other food chain going in.

The Chedraui sure beats the other food store located west of town

West of town puts you in the ocean. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom