New Swampdivers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Add two new Swampdivers to the roster, please! We met today at CSSP and each of us did 3 great dives. The weather was perfect, we had a great breeze for surface intervals (otherwise known as eating.) :crafty: The newest Swampdivers are Moostang and Frankdr. ScubaJana was there and the three members of my family. Moostang buddied with our daughter, and was a great buddy to her. She was a little nervous when we first started, but by her second dive of the day, she was doing forward rolls. Just because it felt good .

The vis was super, we saw lots of fish. The 1st thermocline was about 30 ft, approx. 75 degrees just below. We hung right in that area a lot, it was very nice staying cool, but not toooo cool. Played in the plane, that was fun. Moostang was a great pilot. Very realistic. He also found us a turtle, which to me makes a dive great. Love 'em.

Frank and Jana were great to dive with also! Frank will hopefully remember his Flower Gardens pictures next time, ahem! But he made up for it by getting dressed in front of everyone. :11: Right, Jana? And Jana and I found that we are both schoolteachers, and we don't live that far from one another. We plan to meet out there again before school starts!

The best dive of the day was our last one. Everyone had left but our family, they all had "stuff they had to go do", but my husband and I did a late afternoon dive with a fresh tank. We took a leisurely stroll along the north end again, to the plane, and then along the eastern wall. I love that dive! The boulders on the bottom look so other-worldly, and I am learning that I have a strong affinity for wall dives. There were tons of baby fish in the hydrilla. This was the only dive that I didnt wear my hood... I have never dove there without one. Well- this one skeery looking, big perch (very beautiful though) followed us for at least 45 mins. I learned that my buoyancy has improved considerably, as I did almost the entire dive with my hands protecting my ears. When I would turn around to look at that fish (he was stalking me BIG TIME), he would rush at my mask, then just stop and we would watch each other. It was so funny. It was a love/hate relationship.

Missed yall who couldn't come, bummer about the regs, Mike! Hopefully the next time you'll be able to make it, too. Des, even though you weren't able to make it, rest assured that your weights were there. Naw, we didn't dive with them, but we just felt like they should make the trip for old times sake... or if you surprised us and showed up!

OH! Dee and Beast- we really enjoyed the bench that you put out there, it is awesome! So nice for donning and doffing our gear. It's the first time I've been that far North, so I had never seen it before. Thanks for that great job.

Foo

Foo:
Moostang was a great pilot. Very realistic. He also found us a turtle, which to me makes a dive great. Love 'em.

Foo

I had a blast! Loved diving with Foo -N- Fam :p I'm definately looking forward to our next outing.

Moo

Foo -

Yes - Friday is the day to be at CSSP. You practically have the lake to yourself. If you look around, you -might- see another group of divers and the silt has all week to settle down.

The last dive I did was with the whole crew. I wish I had a picture of the 6 of us travelling along the wall. Anyone seeing us on the move would definitely have gotten out the way.

Unlike my last buddy, ScubaJana was great. She was there on time and didn't waste any time getting in the water. I've had buddies that I practically had to drag them into the lake to get 'em going. I wish I had more buddies who are as good as ScubaJana.

ScubaJana and I also attracted quite a following of fish. On our last dive, every time we looked behind us more perch and bass were gathering. It was an underwater parade. I guess they figured that if they got enough of them together, they could taken us. Once we stopped for a minute, it was a feeding frenzy. The bass were the ones being snappy; the perch were just trying to keep us from getting away.

I'll start a thread for next week. Hopefully we can get another bunch of folks out for diving on Friday. Oh yeah, Foo can have a male revue for her entertainment :)

-Frank

Done....Welcome to the Swamp!

Sounds like y'all had a good time!

Dang it...friken fracken and other words ah cain't say...wish I'd been there!

We're going back next Friday, maybe you can make it then!
Foo

But he made up for it by getting dressed in front of everyone

He did real good on the dives while holding the live cottonmouth, and was about to finish the fifth alligator wrestling part with just mask and snorkel, then blew an ear when it drug him down several feet.

I guess the next inductee will have to wrestle the alligators naked???

Texass:
I guess the next inductee will have to wrestle the alligators naked???

Whew...glad I got in when I did. Wrestling alligator's isn't hard, but it's really demeaning when they stop wrestling, point, and giggle.....lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom