New Tank Hydro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you read the label carefully on a new tank, you might find the information you need. One of my students just got a new Catalina AL 40 for use in decompression. The label clearly said the tank was created O2 clean, but they can't atually call it an OW clean tank because they don't put the valve it and you could possibly place a contaminated valve on it. Put an O2 clean valve on a brand new tank that still has its cap on it, and you should be ready to go.

........... W.C. Fields once said, "There is a sucker born every minute" .............
most of the quote was removed by me.

Actually, the quote is attributed to David Hannum in reference to P.T. Barnum. The author is incorrect the the meaning is very clear.

Actually, the quote is attributed to David Hannum in reference to P.T. Barnum. The author is incorrect the the meaning is very clear.

What W.C. Fields said was "Never give a sucker an even break." Same basic idea.

I don't know what industry you are referring to. I have been using 32% on non O2 clean tank for 4 years with many shops. they either bank 32% or use manbrane filter. They even specifically say O2 clean tank is not require if you ask. This also happen on a few dive boats that I have do live aboard on in a different continents.

The scuba industry, the one that often likes to make up their own rules without any basis - at least when it comes to cylinders. What happens outside the USA is also an other matter. Do a search on Luxfer site they have a nice summary.

Quite right, I was thinking of the reference to P.T. Barnum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom