New Tattoo and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a 1/2 sleeve done this summer & it took about 2 months to complete, going back every 2.5-3wks.

which tattoo shop/artist did you use? Ive been having the itch to get another one.....

I waited about 12 hours after my last one and don't regret it a bit. I did slather it in antibiotic ointment and covered it with a plastic grocery bag and some duct tape, but water got in anyway. It's not big...the size of a line arrow with the line running all the way around my arm...so that might have helped.

The one before that I waited about a week without difficulty. It's a little larger...about 6"x6".

For anyone who has gotten a new tattoo, how long after getting it were you back in the water? How long should you have waited :)

thanks

Layne

which tattoo shop/artist did you use? Ive been having the itch to get another one.....

Noah over at Steadfast Tattoo did mine.
index

If you'd like, I can send you a few pics.

I just got a new one today. The artist said to stay out of the water for 10 days. I have used a waterproof covering when doing short swims in the pool when I got my other ones, but since I dive in salt water and sometimes up to an hour, I'll follow his directions.

I was instructed to stay out of water until the healing was almost complete, which was about 4 weeks.

FWIW, might I suggest using a product called "Color Guard" after your tattoo heals. It's a sunscreen that comes in something like an over sized Chap Stick. It goes on like Chap Stick. The great thing about it is that you can cover your tattoo fairly precisely, which allows your skin around the tattoo to tan. It's also pretty convenient.

Here's a link to the stuff. I just Googled, so I can't say that this is the best place or the cheapest price:

Buy The Original Tattoo Goo Color Guard SPF 30 UV Sunscreen Stick Online at drugstore.com

I got a tat this past summer and it was just black work - so I was in the water after a week and a half. I went back by the shop and had them check it and they gave me the all clear. The biggest thing is that most of the scabbing should have healed.

It can stand some water - after all, you have to shower, right? So I think if you can keep it padded and mostly dry then you should be OK. I was going to try using liquid bandage on mine...

But you might check with your shop - they're the experts afterall.

I got the one before my last one at Atomic on Burnet near 2222, and they cleaned up added color to another one that someone else did. My favorite I got in Coz though.

I got it at Atomic Tattoo north of Austin - Craig Sheets...

Layne

Thanks everyone for the great advice....

I got the one before my last one at Atomic on Burnet near 2222, and they cleaned up added color to another one that someone else did. My favorite I got in Coz though.

What did your instructor say about cave diving with a tramp stamp? :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

It wasn't that sexy after the hair on my lower back grew out again. :mooner:
What did your instructor say about cave diving with a tramp stamp? :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom