New to diving and new to ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Nicole,
I am not new to diving but very new to this site. It is good to see there are plenty of Aussies here. Welcome to the world of diving, you are in danger of becoming addicted like the rest of us, although I fear it may be already too late.
This is a good example, obviously I should be working, however as I am easily distracted I am in here reading forums.
which shop you dive with in Bris?

Nicole,

Glad to hear that :) If you find your way to Thailand PM. I take fun divers out and run a few courses part time. With your AOW cert you can take advantage of some of the wrecks that average in the 26-28m range. Your profile indicates you are a scientist. The work being done with Project Aware is very interesting and will allow you to explore a new reason to dive. This may be something worth looking into locally.

AZ

Hi Mattyo,
I'm already addicted! :D I can't stop thinking and planning my next dive :cool2:
I dive with Go Dive Australia, Windsor, cos that's the shop I did my OW and AOW course with. At my AOW, I also met lots of other more experienced divers also from Go Dive Club, and I really liked that: meeting lots of other people with common passion :) I kind of stumbled upon this forum whilst doing some research for underwater camera, and I'm glad!

Hi Arizona,
Will keep you in mind if I'm ever up in Thailand... maybe try to convince my boss to send me there? :wink: I did a wreck dive for my AOW (Marieta-Del) and I loved it! Can't wait to see more :D Yes, I'm a scientist working on (funnily enough) biodiversity of fungi! So I'm definitely interested in what Project Aware's up to. My AOW instructor and another instructor were giving me a brief intro about it, and now it has me thinking.

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome :party:

Hey Nicole,
I dive with Kirra dive on the Gold Coast and tech dive with Allways Diving in Bris. I have seen the Go Dive group down at the Tweed river on occasion and also waiting for us to get off Chris Mair's (Ocean Dive) boat so your charter can leave. (we are normally the VERY early charter). Glad to hear you are enjoying your diving, sounds like a good club to dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom