New to the area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ISPY

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings. I recently moved to the Atlanta area from the midwest, land of low visibility quarries, and am looking to do some weekend diving. Any suggestions on ways to find buddies vs. tag along trips with clubs of certification divers?

ISPY:
Greetings. I recently moved to the Atlanta area from the midwest, land of low visibility quarries, and am looking to do some weekend diving. Any suggestions on ways to find buddies vs. tag along trips with clubs of certification divers?

Hey ISPY,

Welcome to the board. Can't tell you about any dive clubs in Atlanta. We do have a dive club here in B'ham that just got cranked up. It's www.birminghamreefseekers.com. We actually have a member from Atlanta.

We have a quarry here just south of B'ham called Alabama Blue Water. http://www.divealabama.com/

On most weekends the parking lot has more Georgia cars than locals.

Let me know if you'd like to come over.

Beck

Welcome to Atlanta

There are some local clubs in Atlanta. One is call the reef dwellers. I think that if you do a google search, you can find them. There are a lot of members, and they have lots of group trips.

If you are interested in DIR and GUE, we also have a club in Atlanta. You can PM me if you are interested in information on that.

The Birmingham club is very diverse, active, and has a strong environmental conscience. If you are interested in that club, (yes, I am the Atlanta member that divebomb is referring too!) you can check out their website, or PM me for more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom