New to the boards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jmciver77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I’m new. This looks like a great community!

I live in California, but I’m a fan of warm water diving. My favorite all time dives have been in Roatan and Bora Bora. I’m headed to Bonaire next week, looking forward to some shore diving!

Hi! I'm new here! I've done a week of dives at the old Club Med Sonora Bay about 20 years ago and then Turks & Caicos Islands last year. I'm going to Cozumel for Diving in May (along with getting some dental work in Playa del Carmen). Haven't scheduled anything yet and am looking for options for shore diving without a guide for either day or especially a night dive. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Hello! Welcome, you will find this board is a gem! JonHall, on this board, maintains a document with information about dive ops in Cozumel:
Just would like to mention here that currents in Cozumel can be tricky, even with what can seem to be casual shore dives. I’d recommend talking with your dive op of choice and perhaps doing an initial dive with a guide to get a feel for the site. Roberta’s has a shore dive and from what I experienced with them last year is a good op.

Hello! Welcome, you will find this board is a gem! JonHall, on this board, maintains a document with information about dive ops in Cozumel:
Just would like to mention here that currents in Cozumel can be tricky, even with what can seem to be casual shore dives. I’d recommend talking with your dive op of choice and perhaps doing an initial dive with a guide to get a feel for the site. Roberta’s has a shore dive and from what I experienced with them last year is a good op.
Wow, thanks! Great information, much appreciated!

Hi! I'm new here! I've done a week of dives at the old Club Med Sonora Bay about 20 years ago and then Turks & Caicos Islands last year. I'm going to Cozumel for Diving in May (along with getting some dental work in Playa del Carmen). Haven't scheduled anything yet and am looking for options for shore diving without a guide for either day or especially a night dive. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Admittedly, I am more cautious. However, given that you dove 20 years ago and then recently in T&C, I wonder if you should do your first few dives with a guide just to get the lay of the land, your equipment, the currents, etc. Cozumel is good for drift diving. I was on the Santa Rosa wall a couple of weeks ago -- amazing visibility with some current. Just my $0.02. Cheers and hope you have a great time in Cozumel.

Admittedly, I am more cautious. However, given that you dove 20 years ago and then recently in T&C, I wonder if you should do your first few dives with a guide just to get the lay of the land, your equipment, the currents, etc. Cozumel is good for drift diving. I was on the Santa Rosa wall a couple of weeks ago -- amazing visibility with some current. Just my $0.02. Cheers and hope you have a great time in Cozumel.
Oh yes, we will be diving with a guide for our first few days. After that, we'll go with her recommendations. We're scheduling both shore dives and boat dives with her. We'll only do solo dives towards the end of the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom