NEW! Wetherell on Saturday??? Or Sun...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to be so late. Looks like it's going to be Sunday afterall, for me anyway. Weather looks like It's going to be much better, and for what fuel runs these days, I want to make the trip worth while.

Yep, the Doctor is in. :D

Probably kayaking not diving (I told my girlfriend I'd take her kayaking Sunday), but I am planning to be there.

Hey, that's great! That will make at least 4 yakkers in the water. Do me a favor will ya? Bring my mask with you when you come!!! :wink:

Just to make sure, would you guys mind if a newbe comes to check out the tropicals?

Ernest

Just PM'd you back but Sunday's fine with me - since you guys have wive/GF's who're kayaking, it sounds like it would be much more pleasant for them to go Sunday.

I'm looking forward to that "advanced tour" ...never have gotten a really good idea of Wetherill in my head - I've always just done out and back on the walls - would love to know more about where the cuts are... So I need to bring my big light along? Will do...

SadiesMom

Question - Since this is the first time I'm attending one of these soirees, what's the protocol? Is there a lunch/BBQ/picnic involved? Should I bring something? What time are we meeting up?

Last edited:
I certainly don't - I've always enjoyed diving with newbies. Just make sure you plan a dive within your capabilities and discuss the details (dive plan, buddy separation procedures, etc.) with your buddy before your dive. I'd like to do the advanced tour for my first dive, but I'd be more than happy to do an easier dive plan with you for my second dive...

SadiesMom

Question - Since this is the first time I'm attending one of these soirees, what's the protocol? Is there a lunch/BBQ/picnic involved? Should I bring something? What time are we meeting up?

and, how do we know who's who when we get there?

Ernest

Well Dave must have corrected his spelling error as Sunday it is. Looks quite dreary today. I drive a Green Saturn with tinted windows and a funny antenna in the back.

Well I may scale down the advanced tour to about 50ft and we will decide via hand signals at the time if we want to drop down the cliff (its very tempting). What I usually do is make the new diver to the area find the arch and once up at the sand also make the new diver navigate to the overhangs. The trick is to go slow but not too slow. The dive profile is usually dependent to ones gear and size of tank. Expect a full briefing before the dive.

Hope all goes well with my plans to be there Sunday am.

Yup, today is crap! Tomorrow looks great. I'll let you know what time I will be there. I drive a dark grey, Dodge quad cab pickup, will have a kayak on it.

I drive a silver/gray honda element with plates that say "war wgn",

Do I need to bring anything, burgers, dogs,...etc

I drive a silver/gray honda element with plates that say "war wgn",

Do I need to bring anything, burgers, dogs,...etc

War wgn????......now that's just funny.
We are bringing stuff to make turkey sammies and the like. You can bring cookin stuff if you wish, but It may just be a PITA. We should have plenty and we will gladly share!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom