New wreck coming to Tobermory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least I can drive down to Port Colbourne and see the Norisle before she’s gone.
My family used to take our car on the Norisle and go over to Manitoulin every summer.
The guy that owns the ship recycling yard is pretty open to visitors. You may be able to purchase some of the Norisle's artifacts from him.

She passed Port Huron yesterday afternoon. She's now in Windsor waiting out the weather.

Norisle-passing-Port-Huron.-Terri-Hoag1-1024x464.png

If only she'd sink in Erie on the way (like just east of Long Point with some shelter)...

she'll likely get in line... sigh...

View attachment 804878
Oh yea. She's behind the Manistee, Ojibway (50% gone), Paul Townsend 95% gone, Tecumseh, S.T. Crapo, and now the newly arrived Joe Thompson who just failed her 5 year survey unexpectedly. Then the Norisle will get her turn. Calloway, American Valor, and Blough look they will be joining within the year.

She passed Port Huron yesterday afternoon. She's now in Windsor waiting out the weather.

I can’t believe how angry this is making me. Yeah, maybe it’s selfish, because if it were sunk as a wreck I would be able to dive it. But I can’t believe the unbelievable waste that this will be.

Unless maybe I’m misunderstanding. Would the community have had to pay anything for the divers to take it and sink it? Because if the community had to pay either way, well, then, it’s their choice. But if truly it would’ve been pay nothing and have the divers sink it, or *pay* someone else to make it go away…. So, so stupid.

In fact, it seems deliberately spiteful: if I can’t have my play toy then no one gets it.

So angry.

Probably should just let it go. And certainly, I’m sure no one on God’s green earth cares how I feel about this. But just had to share with the only people that might actually commiserate. Thank you for attending my TED Talk. :)

I can’t believe how angry this is making me. Yeah, maybe it’s selfish, because if it were sunk as a wreck I would be able to dive it. But I can’t believe the unbelievable waste that this will be.

Unless maybe I’m misunderstanding. Would the community have had to pay anything for the divers to take it and sink it? Because if the community had to pay either way, well, then, it’s their choice. But if truly it would’ve been pay nothing and have the divers sink it, or *pay* someone else to make it go away…. So, so stupid.

In fact, it seems deliberately spiteful: if I can’t have my play toy then no one gets it.

So angry.

Probably should just let it go. And certainly, I’m sure no one on God’s green earth cares how I feel about this. But just had to share with the only people that might actually commiserate. Thank you for attending my TED Talk. :)
Boats have to be cleaned up before they can be sunk. Doors will be removed and maybe holes cut in the hull or enlarged to make things safer for divers penetrating. I know some people who were involved in cleaning up one or two of the boats sunk off Chicago as artificial reefs (most notably The Straits of Mackinac, a former Straits carferry before the Mackinac Bridge was built). Tons of volunteer time. It was not a small undertaking.

If only she'd sink in Erie on the way (like just east of Long Point with some shelter)...
Yeah, right on top of the Marquette & Bessermer #2 with a railcar of confederate gold!

I’ve been following her trip on Great Lakes shipping FB groups.
I'm not on FB, but I follow boatnerd. I know in the pit of my stomach that the Roger Blough will be going to scrap sometime within the next year. I'm sure FB posters say the same thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom