New Years Day - Hangover?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime:
I agree with Rick. Most divers, especially DIR agree that smoking should be discouraged. There are so many divers, and a large portion of the general population who drink and don't like being included in the "don't do" list. It seems to be an example of following a selective list of rules. With DIR, there should be no selecting. You either follow the rules completely or you're not DIR.
So, I take it the ten commandments would be part of all the rules then too? DIRGW

Personally I don't drink at all, but I have been diving with a few folks who drank the night before, not even hungover, dive without letting others know, and they were definately off a beat during the dives.

DIR or not, there are too many negative results from consumption of alcohol, for me to try to justify it being worth the risk.

MaxBottomtime:
I agree with Rick. Most divers, especially DIR agree that smoking should be discouraged. There are so many divers, and a large portion of the general population who drink and don't like being included in the "don't do" list. It seems to be an example of following a selective list of rules. With DIR, there should be no selecting. You either follow the rules completely or you're not DIR.

Since your name doesn't begin with "JJ" or "George" then I'll file your judgement in the appropriate receptacle.

Would you guys give it a rest...my head hurts.

So does my head...At least I don't have to dive today...though I would probably feel better

Drinking is DIR...as long as you do it through a 7' straw with a backup straw on the short hose, and manifolded doubles of your favorite beverage. :wink: Make sure your buddy is there, too...

:lol:

im in training for my plate and fundies... i drank apple juice (we dont have koolaide) and was asleep by 8.30pm

Is there a DIR Diet? Nutritional guidlines? Show up for a dive with a Big Mac on your breath and your team won't dive with you....Ok just a little New Years resolution humor (I know Very little).

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom