New Years Eve Dive Alla Valhalla!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WesTexDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Come One come all!

For the first time ever, Family Scuba will be hosting a New Years Eve Dive at Valhalla! Or as Mark calls it, a "Two Years Eve Dive." Normally the Silo is rented or "leased" to other dive agencies, and the "host" the diving and run the show. This time Family Scuba and Mark Hannifin, the owner of the silo, will be running things.

Picture this,:popcorn:
at the stroke of Midnight on New Years Eve you are underwater, in a missle silo of all places and the "ball of lights" will be released from the bottom ~105 feet and float upwards to the surface. You don't need to be on the bottom, but hey if thats where you want to be no problem! We do recomend that you have your "deep diving" classes out of the way, but it is not required as you can hang out ~60 feet if that is where you feel the most comfortable.

The Dive:
1.Water temp is ~60 year around, so bring a hood and some gloves.
2.Price per person is $60.00 and WE PROVIDE THE TANKS!:D
3.Bring Your Own Weights.
4.T-Shirts will be on site for $20.00
5.We will have warm drinks pre and post dive....coffee and hot Chocolate!:coffee:
6.After the dive there will be champaigne and a non-alcoholic cider for the non-drinkers.
7.Please visit http://familyscuba.e-interchange.com/Documents/Waiver.pdf and print out a waiver and fill it out and sign it, this saves time once you arrive. Just hand the Waiver to either Kevin Or Mark once you arrive.
8.The gates are closed and locked @10:30pm so get there or be square.

DON"T SIT AT HOME AND WISH YOU WERE HERE:no

PLEASE RSVP call Kevin at (432) 352-1414 gsxrfreak@yahoo.com or Mark (432) 686-REEF divebuddy@familyscuba.com

So how many dives can one expect to get in on this night? Can you show up early and have that dive at midnight be your third dive by any chance? :)

~Jess

Yes you can get there early for more dives, however the $60 only includes one tank...AL80 ~3000psi or Steel 72 ~2650psi. If you would like additional tanks I can bring more for $7.00 ea. My schedule for the day will be determined by what people want to do, so long as it starts after noon. If you have something in mind shoot me a PM or an email gsxrfreak@yahoo.com .

Man now that sure the heck bets out out watching "Dick" Clark and the ball drop in Manhattan doesn't it :mooner:
Wow... I bet I bet the sky is really dark there at night and I love to look through my my big telescope from a clear- high location... Can a person camp out there by the front gate ??

I really don't think I'll be able to get there but I'm not counting it out !

Now I just need to figure out how to convince the girlfriend that hanging out underwater in a missle silo would be a fun way to spend new years eve.....

~Jess

How far is the drive from Dallas?

3 1/2 or 4 hours? Someone from Dallas will chime in and correct me If I am wrong or close. It's about 20 some minutes from Abeline South of IH-20.

It usually takes us about 3 hours 10 minutes with two stops driving from Arlington.

Just finished packing, can't wait till Sunday yay! My wife is gonna be a bubble watcher and has taken on the task of Champaigne pourer. She got her OW kit for Christmas and will get certified this Jan.

45 mins and counting!! I wish I was there. I'm stuck out of state . Have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom