Newark Ohio Quarry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Notso_Ken

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have heard a rumor there will be a new dive site in Newark, but can find no substantiating info. Does anybody know anything about it?

Ken

I think there is a set of 3 quarries there all of which are privately owned. I heard this from some other people. I'm interested in this as well.

I called Jan with Discover Diving in Newark. She said, they are getting it ready, but don't expect to open for a couple of years. Max depth 30 feet. Vis is good.

I like the sound of that. My daughter lives with her mom in Newark. And how long the vis stays good depends on how long it takes for OW classes to muck it up:wink:.

Thanks for the info! I had not taken the time to call a local dive shop. But, I had checked a map, based on the previous post about 3 quarries, there is a Evans Family Park on a map, looks like about 3 quarries close together.

A couple years to go, then!

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom