newbie looking for a dive buddy (Boynton Beach)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh-huh. Let's try to make this a sunday thing then. This Sunday, the 22nd, high tide is at 9:05 am.

cool, can you post an address that I can punch in google maps and a name of a close by scuba store that I can rent nitrox?

I can do better than that. Force-E, 155 E Blue Heron Blvd, Riviera Bch. Do you really want nitrox though? Mat and I only hit a depth of 22 feet max.

"waterbearer, the boats look extremely close, should I bring a helmet?"

Boats are no worry. You don't need nitrox- but if your tanks are o2 cleaned or you "feel better" it sure won't hurt. I hope to meet you guys on sunday morning.
Brian

Let's plan to meet at Force-E at 8:00 am on Sunday.

And anyone is welcome to come!

I live in Boca Raton. I need to get certified, and then I would love to go.

Which leads me to the next question: There are so many places to get certified... Where is the best place? I have to do it soon, because I'm going to Thailand on Dec 8th where my brother is (he is a master diver) and I need to be somewhat up to par.

JRenee, everyone is going to crucify me for this, but I guess for OW level, it doesn't really matter, almost everyone teaches the same things with different attitudes. IMHO if you're serious about diving, just get the OW course done anywhere but find experienced divers that are willing and have the patience to show a new diver around.. I was lucky that I've met some people that had the patience to show me around, whatever I couldn't get from people, I got from books, PDFs, forums and kept in mind that diving is mostly opinions with some theories and I should get around all the dogma and stay with facts.
For example, and I'm not going to start an argument about it, DIR way is "if you're not doing it our way, you're not doing it right AND you're going to die", take that into account, I've met a wise instructor that told me something "if it wasn't the right way to do it, we're all be dead by now".. this is my 2cents, this is the wrong post in the wrong thread.

waterbearer, see you sunday, if you cancel, please let me know in a PM, its a long drive!

and I don't think I'll find a diving helmet in such a short notice and I've left my motorcycle helmet at home... oh.. a few thosand miles away.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom