newbie to diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newbie@scuby

Reaction score
i just wanted a chance to talk to other divers , took the class with a friend i loved it, he will never go again

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Lots of great info here to browse through! Enjoy!

p.s. Please fill out your profile and tell us a little bit about yourself!

Hi and welcome, there are lots diving without a ready made buddy - shouldn't be a problem. Have fun here.

did something happen to your friend that made him decide not to go again?

ooops, my manners...... welcome aboard!!!!

I'll echo baitedstorm's question. And by the way, welcome to the board!

Let us know where you are, and you may just find that you have a few instant dive buddies.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Hi and welcome. I'm also quite new to diving and am quite lucky to be able to dive with my brother. He is even newer than me but he is enjoying it so far. :scubadive + :snorkel:

ps. does anyone know how many posts you need to make before you get promoted (ie not new member)???

Welcome aboard newbie... great chats, great info, great people ....

Regarding your friend... all I can say is "I hope your friend will try again" and if the decision is NO to scuba, it does happen ... Scuba is not for everyone. I hope he gives it another try. Good luck ....

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

My training buddy flaked out, too. Scuba is not very everyone, but in his case - I got him back in 3 years later, then got him to do his AOW & Nitrox, but he flaked again. In his case, he never lets a friendship get in his chasing of women. Jeez!

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

nemisis77:
ps. does anyone know how many posts you need to make before you get promoted (ie not new member)???

YOu can change your title in your Profile settings, but - keep posting to get your post count up. Doing Welcomes here is a good way... :wink:

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom