Newbie With Hollis Sms 75 Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrybaldy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,

I am recently new to the sport and found myself having lots of fun and don't know why I have never done this before??
My question is, I've just bought a Hollis SMS 75 as I like the fact that I can progress on to SM at a later stage to which I'm very much looking forward to. I will be using backmount for a little while until I get the SM course done but wondered about weighting? I have purchased a Hollis weight plate also but wondered if this can be used when mounting the cylinder on the back or is there other weight systems, or good ways to attach different weight pockets on?

Many thanks in advance and safe diving!!
Garry

Sadly, the weight plate is just for SM. When using the 75 for BM, there are a few options depending on the weight required and placement for trim. Weight belts, large/small pockets, trim pouches and threaded weights are all options.

Sadly, the weight plate is just for SM. When using the 75 for BM, there are a few options depending on the weight required and placement for trim. Weight belts, large/small pockets, trim pouches and threaded weights are all options.
I did think that, but I will convert to doing SM in time so I might come in handy then. Thanks for your reply.

Don't worry, once you use the rig for sidemount you will never return to backmount so get started down that road sooner than later ;-)

Don't worry, once you use the rig for sidemount you will never return to backmount so get started down that road sooner than later ;-)
That's certainly my intention but have to use it for a short time only and was hoping it would be easy to trim with backmount until then.

Back
Top Bottom