Question Where can I find a replacement book screw for Hollis LX2 weight pocket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

Submarine_MiG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought Hollis ST Elite System with LX2 weight pocket. The pocket came with 2 set of book screws. However, last year one of my book screw came loose and gone missing mid dive. I tried buy the book screw that listed on Hollis website as well as my LDS but it seems like LX2 weight system used difference book screw size.
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-01 at 23.18.04_d75a4056.jpg

I can't use the standard book screw because it's not tight when I attach weight pocket to backplate. This defeats the purpose of having O-ring on the book screws.

8efn7o.gif

Right now, I just use cable tie to keep the pocket attach to backplate.
1706858874650.png

As the title says, do anyone know where can I find a replacement book screw for LX2 weight pocket.

Amazon has them and might be the easiest place to start, just do a search on "book screw". If those don't work out, try McMaster-Carr, although you'll probably end up buying more than you want there.

Now that I'm looking at the picture more closely I don't see the issue with the book screw being a little loose. All it's doing is keeping the pouch from sliding forward, correct?

anyone know where can I find a replacement book screw
You can also drive down to the Grainger store located in GeorgeTown Seattle with the book screw. At the store, they have them in stock. You can closely match it right at the counter, or bring your whole BCD with you to test fit it right there. Buy a spare, it's a common problem without loctite sealant.

Back
Top Bottom