Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Dude

Reaction score
Hi, I have just started my Scuba Cert this week. I am going to Puerto Rico in February and I am looking for some good places to dive. Also, I will be visiting Hawaii (Kauai) in April/May and would appreciate any suggestions for a good dive company and/or places to dive.

Thank you,

Welcome to the board. Enjoy your dives in PR and Hawaii.
Dive Safe,
Larry

Greetings and welcome to the board. If you are heading to the West side of PR, there are two shops I used. Taino Divers, which took me out to Desecheo Island. They do two morning dives there, one on the East side (two nipples), where the currents are swift, and one on the West side which is a an easier current. They do not do afternoon trips because the water gets quite rough in the afternoon. The other diver center was Parguera Divers, which takes you out to the wall. At this location the waters quite rough so make sure you take something for the sea sickness, even if you don't usually get sea sick. Even our Dive Master was a bit sick. But the diving there is great.

Have a great time and enjoy the Board.

Bill :yl2jump:

Howdy Dude!

And welcome to SB! :wavey: Put us in your Favorties,
and check in often... :jump013:​

Happy Bubbles,​
don

Welcome, and may the diving force be w/ you.

There's some great diving in Kauaii. Bubbles Below has an instructor by the name of Anthony who is the best that I have ever worked with. We got our advanced cert with him and it was money well spent. Make sure he shows you the Tacos, and have him show you a shore dive as well as the boat ones.

Back
Top Bottom