Newly certified, looking for a buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonny_Rocket:
Why don't you make plans to come chill with us Labor Day weekend. Ben (hambleto), myself, and a couple of the guys in the club are going to be making a weekend out if it. Though I don't use NE Scuba Supply, I do have to admit they have a wide variety of gear, and their prices are excellent. Give John a call, he may be able to help you out with a wetsuit.

Are you guys going to be at the pininsulla sat, and sun?

Do you guys usually do a cookout, is there anything I should bring?

Breakfast and lunch Sat and Sun are usually quick stuff... dogs burgers, whatever. Dinner we usually do something nice and get everybody together all at once. The general rule of thumb is bring enough for yourself and some to share. Theresa and I will probably bring steak or something, as long as we don't let her and Chris cook it we should be ok.

polerin312:
I finally got certified in Marathon the last weekend in JUly and am looking for a buddy to dive with in the area. I live in south Jersey 45 mins from Philly & 35 from AC. Anybody have any suggestions? My LDS in Northfield has been great, but not many people there seeming to need a buddy, esp a newbie. :D

Hey Erin -

I would consider trying to plan a dive together. Since Dutch is too cold, where else have you considered diving? Boat dives tend to be cold as well. I would be happy to bounce some ideas back and forth.

I am somewhat of a newbie too. I got certified in April and have logged 32 dives. I am considered "buddyless" unless I am on vacation with my brother and sis-in-law. They are the ones that introduced me to scuba. Now I am hooked. We were just on vacation in North Carolina, so I am going through diving-withdrawal.

I live in Central NJ - 90 minutes from Atlantic City and 60 minutes from Dutch Springs.

Got any ideas?

Denise

denise611:
Hey Erin -

I would consider trying to plan a dive together. Since Dutch is too cold, where else have you considered diving? Boat dives tend to be cold as well. I would be happy to bounce some ideas back and forth.

Got any ideas?

Denise
At the moment, I am fighting (and losing) a really bad head cold. I hate being sick in the summer.

Someone told me about a reasonable place for wetsuits that I might check out. If I can find a full suit that FITS, Dutch would be great. After the cold goes away..... :(

Hey Denise we have a dive club in central jersey that meets once a month. We dive at least once a month as a group. If you are interested we meet in Highstown, NJ. We have over 50 members and are pretty active. Check out the web site www.capitalcitydiveclub.org. You can also PM for additional information.

Well since we are advertising dive clubs, we meet in Piscataway once a month and dive about every week.

Check http:/www.explorersdiveclub.org

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom