Next "King of the Jungle"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GippieDiver

Reaction score
hiya! i'm not really involved in that show but i figure that that title will catch someone's attention. am fairly new at photography, and not a scuba diver (YET!), but have snorkeled quite a bit (not as much as I would have liked to.)
anyway the only camera that i'm really adept at using is my Canon Powershot A40, and i just bought the WP-DC200 case for it. i will be in the Philippines in about a week, and came upon this site while snorkeling the web for tips on U/W photography.
this is an awesome site.
i don't really want to say exactly where we'll be but i will be snorkling near my family's hometown in an area in Mindanao. don't worry i am filipino, and we're not close to Davao (insurgency area.) besides our town's pretty friendly and i've been there often enough.
so looking forward to posting some pics when i get back!

welcome aboard

make sure to share some pics when you take them. also... why not think about
getting certified to dive? you get tons more photo ops :wink:

Aloha! You'll like it here, this is the most informative place to go for SCUBA on the internet. Whether you want info, humor, or spirited debate, (or sometimes all three at once!), this is the place! :crafty:

Oh, and when you fill out your profile, flex those humor muscles! :D

TJ

Hi and welcome as a relatively new diver and an even newer used of a Canon in an underwater housing I think learning how to use the camera while snorkelling might be a jolly good idea. It will make for a fast transition when you do get into scuba.
Have fun and welcome.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

H2Andy:
welcome aboard

i would love nothing more than to be certified, heck i'm already certifiable, what's one more certification :11:

in any case, funds are the primary reason why i'm not yet certified, but it won't be in the way soon. i will be in Hawaii next year, and then back in the PI again the year after that . . . you can bet that i will be certified for those trips.

Benvenuto a bordo! :sharks:
and hope to welcome you soon also to the real underwater world :goldfish:
Waiting to see your pictures

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Learn to dive and you can spend more time laying in wait for that awsome underwater shot you've always dreamed of!

Christian

H2Andy:
welcome aboard

I'll echo both of Andy's sentiments.

Have a safe journey and welcome to the board,
Grier

Back
Top Bottom