Nice all inclusive affordable hotels in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah! I love those shrimp tacos.....uuummmmm! :D

So, you have that huge lake out there. What is the diving like?

I think if you want to dive Chapala Lake you will need:

A combination between Dry and hazmat suit.
X ray vision
And very goo luck because I have no idea what's in that lake, a few years ago they found a small crocodile.

But seriously, I've asked many instructors in the zone and all agree that is a not dive-friendly; murk water, lots of boats, contamination, and nothing to see in there. I'm looking for brave souls to perform some exploration on it :D

HAHA! Well, except for the contamination, it sounds like diving up here! It used to be very good visibility until the quarry got swarmed by students and instructors that cannot stay off the bottom. You have to do a lot of compass diving and then you cannot see what you were looking for anyway. Some days is zero viz. But if you want wussy diving....then Ben is your man....LOL!

Do you remember that three eyed fish from The SImpsons? I think they got the idea from the Chapala lake fauna.

Ha ha We deserve some "wuss/tourist" dives, after last week "underwater sandstorm" and 7 feet waves we can spoil ourselves a little.

The sad part is that the next months the pacific will turn into a beautiful mud dives at least until rail season starts

Indeed! Everyone deserves those kind of dives. Diving in the North Atlantic is like that most of the time. It is more work than pleasure, so it's nice to drop off and let the current take you to someplace other than Africa or Hawaii....

Loved the skull and crossbones and the three eyed fish....:D

Finally!!!! The tortas ahogadas have arrived!!!! Er hm I mean, Hugo and I arrived to Cancun today, and brought some tortas with us! Looking forward to dive with you tomorrow! (Hugo have the tortas, so you´d better get them before he gets hungry)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom