Night dive under full moon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really reccomend trying a dawn dive if you can.

last fall I did one with my wife that was fantastic at the jettys in Panama city. there were far more fish there than during daylight (problably fewer people, boats, fishermen) Lots of snappers, groupers, tarpon, Jellies. It was amazing.

For me the nicest part was getting out with light to get all out stuff together and go get some breakfast. it makes for a great day!
Rice

Thanks for that very good suggestion! I could imagine that dawn diving has the best of both worlds, as the nocturnal critters are out searching for their last dessert of the night, and the day critters are trying for the early worm, so there might be overlap between the two cycles. Now that I think about it, a two-tank dive on a full moon might be the best of all, catching the early morning full moon effects, surface time, then catching the dawn activity. More food for thought...:)

Full moon dive wow, is a great dive.
If it was a shallow dive I turn of my light even if I was the guide ahahahaah
Its more romantic specially if its was only me and my g/f.
Look at the surface form under the water @ the moon its great.
Have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom