Ni'ihau & Flying Next Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will be on Kauai this summer and are planning on the Ni'ihau dive trip. We leave LIH for KOA at 9:48 on a Thursday morning. This will be our first Ni'ihau trip. My wife and I are both advanced divers and typically leave a day after diving for off-gassing/

It looks like we'd have a full 18 hours of off-gassing if we are out of the water by 3:48 pm on Wednesday.
We plan on Nitrox for the first two tanks. Is this cutting it too close? We can dive a different day if needed but were hoping to dive with Bubbles Below Kauai from Port Allen.

Any thoughts or advise is appreciated.

Hi, you have already gone on your trip, but I'm new here and saw your post. I think the general feeling is that if you do few dives what ever that means, 18 hours is fine. But if you are lets say diving 3 dives a day for multiple days, 24 hours is best . Nitrox is not magic but it helps. Other things to consider are age and fitness. I"m 60 so dive conservative. I"d love to know how you lked Ni'ihau? I want to go to Kau'ai. Is the trip to Ni'hau a day trip, overnight boat or what? What dive outfit do you recommend.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom