Nikon D90 housings Ikelite domes, arm length etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guys
As a matter of interest for better or worse i ended up buying a Nexus housing with special 4.5" port designed for tokina 10-17 + 2 x z240 strobes with long float arms. The reason i went for this set up was due to it being more compact and lighter than its compeditors + i can still use it with TTL & manual.
i'll get a 60mm macro lens later in the year. Thanks for all the info and love all the pics.
Cheers Rob

How do you adjust the white balance to shoot well-corored pictures? Are you using white balancing pages or caps?

Thanks for your help!

As I looked the possibilities, I found that SEA&SEA housings are the smallest and most solid (quite) low budget housings. Unfortunately they don't have D90 housing yet...they repied:

"SEA&SEA Main have plans to build an underwater housing for the Nikon D90.
No official release date has been announced."

Can I expect the future D90 housing to be approximately in the D80's price?
Would a full set (housing+arms+60mm macro port+ flashes) be much more expensive than the Ikelite's same package?

Which would you recommend, Ikelite or Sea&Sea?

Thanks again:
Sandor

How do the Ikelite housings' work so far? Any issues or problems for the D90 housing? Is anyone here not satisfied with it?

personally I am not satisfied with the port system with my Ikelite D90 housing. Two little plastics clips to hold on large 8 inch domes. Reason why I bought the Ikelite as I had the ports and domes from using an Ikelite D80 housing.

If your starting out I maybe look at something like the Aquatica for example.

Regards Mark

The Aquatica port mechanism is less than perfect too. It's got a nice baynet, but nothing to keep
the port from turning once installed. Adm. Linda has had her dome port come off on the boat,
fortunately with no damage. I'm trying to work out a locking mechanism.

The Aquatica port mechanism is less than perfect too. It's got a nice baynet, but nothing to keep
the port from turning once installed. Adm. Linda has had her dome port come off on the boat,
fortunately with no damage. I'm trying to work out a locking mechanism.

chuck can you let us know, ive ordered my rig so this has freaked me out a little

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom