Nikon Z5 or a Nikon Zf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi any info on the Z5? i mean i like it being a full frame and stripped of other unnecessary functions we dont need like 14 fps..shooting.
any chance Nikon Zf will have a uw housing?

im more shooting wide angle.. but im also confused with the Z lens. i've stopped taking photos on land for sometimes... i stopped at Nikon D700

dont get me wrong... i'll want to shoot wide maybe some macros in the future... but my love will always be wide.

The Zf is kind of a novelty camera, relying on its retro appearance. Did they ever make a housing for the similarly marketed Df?

I don't know why would anyone pay that much money for a "retro" camera with no advantage compared with current technology at all. I guess different strokes for different folks.

so... Z5?

You need to check around to make sure that there is underwater housings for it from reputable housing makers. Did you find any?

Z5 is a bit plasticky compared to Z6 but... inside the case doesnt matter... but price difference of a z5 or z6?

Z5 is a bit plasticky compared to Z6 but... inside the case doesnt matter... but price difference of a z5 or z6?

Why not a Z6II? Is there a huge price difference between the 6ii and the z5?

basically .... i need a full frame a basic unit as im shooting photography mainly... then i have no care about low light... ill light with strobes... 1600iso should be enough ehheheeh

not sure about the 6ii i'll try to check
Why not a Z6II? Is there a huge price difference between the 6ii and the z5?

What is your experience level with UW photography?

As already said, it is also important that a good UW-housing for the camera exists...

Aside from this, the Z5 seems to be a stripped down version of the Z6 (see: Nikon Z5 review: the best value stills-oriented full-framer) and what I read in different reviews/forums, UW-photographers are not really satisfied with the AF that these generation of Nikon mirrorless cameras offer...

The Zf, in contrast, seems to offer AF alike the newer models (Z9, Z8) and may be a better choice, in case an UW-housing existed (see: Nikon Zf initial review: the classiest mirrorless of them all?)...

When ogling with acquiring a system camera for UW use, I think one must consider that the camera body itself makes up only a small part of the entire budget. Therefore many UW-photographers go for a model that is very high up in the camera body hierarchy (to have the best performance and the longest time for using it). Some 1-2 k$ more do not really matter, considering an entire investment of 10-20 k$ (lenses, (dome)ports, extensions, flashes etc...) . Why not opting for Z8, what most Nikon photographers do now?

Wolfgang

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom