Nitek-X Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, the above gradient factors will be preset and there will also be a custom gradient feature. Whether the custom gradient is standard or an upgrade is still undecided. Thanks for asking!
Kathleen

Excellent!! I certainly hope the custom gradient feature is standard. As ianr33 mentioned, I imagine most folks interested in this computer would want that feature. Thanks for the info!!

If you want to dive the wrecks of Bikini Atoll, one of the computers recommended (strongly) by the dive shop is the NiTek HE. Their web site inferred that there have been some concerns ... ok, problems ... for divers using the vR3. Tom

If you want to dive the wrecks of Bikini Atoll, one of the computers recommended (strongly) by the dive shop is the NiTek HE. Their web site inferred that there have been some concerns ... ok, problems ... for divers using the vR3. Tom

Maybe if they stopped taking AOW divers on 175 foot dives less people might get bent?
The VR3 has probably been used on more Technical dives than any other computer ever made. IMHO Bikini Divers have an axe to grind.

This thread pretty much put me off ever going to Bikini. Better ways to spend that sort of money!
The Deco Stop

Yes, the $3,000 just for the living and diving is pretty dear, and even though the wrecks are great, yada, you can spend all week diving the USS Orinsky for probably a third of that.

As to the original thread, however. While I would agree that AOW divers at 175' can be a risky endeavor, that does not negate their experiences regarding types of computers used. I can't remember the number of incidences, but I think it was limited to only 3 or 4, and I don't believe anyone got bent. They never detailed their concerns, and are not adamant against the VR3, but do have a preference based on experience. I imagine that they have just as many AOW divers using the NiTek as the VR3, so the cert level, statistically, probably contributes very little to their concerns.

BTW, I've used both, loved the VR3, and am begining to appreciate the NiTek.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom