nitox band / pitted steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
We picked up a pair of barely used steel tanks (PST 100s) this time last year which had Nitrox bands on them. We take VERY good care of our equipment. We just had our annual vip's and they removed the nitrox stickers. I'm glad they did because there was some pitting starting to develop.

It's that supersaturated air they have down there in Lighthouse Point. Some of it wafts up thisaways every now and then so I took the big giant nitrox stickers off my wife's tanks. They breathe a lot easier now.

We take VERY good care of our equipment.

Do you ever inspect your tanks and valves? Did you ever feel the area of the tank covered by that adhesive band? What about checking under the visual sticker? Did you have a visual done when you bought the tanks or did your trust your life on another's word?

I have no intention of putting a nitrox band on my tanks. For a number of reasons, some listed above. The other being that a big nitrox band gives you ZERO information about what's in the tank. Might be nitrox, maybe I just got an air fill today. Maybe I'm taking trimix this week and there's 18/35 in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom