nitrox blending

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the nitrox stick that I'm getting set up. This shows the solenoid valve that shuts off the O2 flow and the flow meter as well.

IMG_1746.JPG

Here is the nitrox stick that I'm getting set up. This shows the solenoid valve that shuts off the O2 flow and the flow meter as well.

View attachment 409342

Is that a setup from Epcompressors? Looks very similar to the one I got from him. Bought my compressor from him and told him I was building a nitrox stick. He told me bring it to him and he'd fix it up like the sticks he builds. He tapped in the meter valve, added the solenoid, and also added an over pressure valve on the end near the oxygen reg.

I believe you posted that to the ad for this stick at the time I bought it. It needed a few things when I got it but it is ready to go now as soon as I get my bank tanks back from the shot blasting shop.

Last edited:
The guy from Jordair is correct in that Bauer does not approve of pumping nitrox through its air compressor blocks.
Bauer Germany has a specific nitrox block, which is not sold into the USA, where the model number ends in -OX.
All the nitrox blocks are 4 stage only because they run cooler than the 3 stagers, but most importantly there is a high air temperature alarm with shutdown on all 4 stages. On the newer Bauer Europe systems they now have added a 5th thermocouple into the final separator as well.
Synthetic oil only (triester), stainless fittings post compressor discharge and you have an approved oil-lubed nitrox compressor.

Neither Coltri nor Bauer will approve a DIY nitrox stick paired with their compressor although Bauer Germany does have a stick now, but it has a controller to shut down the oxygen flow if >40% or if the compressor shuts down.

http://jordair.ca/pdf/ha_2009_20.pdf

Last edited:
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom