No Dive Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After flight the deal is hydration. Travellers tend to hold back on fluids so they can stay in their seats and be comfortable. That combined with cabin air can lead to some significant fluid loss. So if you want to dive upon arrival remain well hydrated while you travel. Other than that there are no deco issues involved.

Prior to flying the rule of thumb is 24 hours but there is a 12 hour loophole if your dive activity has been light. See DAN.

Pete

For me the real life dive-after-fly limitation is whether or not I'm jet lagged, fatigued, or just generally out of it. I generally limit my dives on the day of arrival to mellow, non-challenging shallow shore dives.

Not due to any sort of decompression or physics or even hydration issues. Just because I'm not fully up to speed and ready for challenging dives immediately after arrival.

I'm trying to figure out a way to simultaneously rig a tank and a parachute so I can fly out to those remote sites, jump out of plane at altitude, splash, and go straight down....getting home might be a problem tho...

stevead:
I'm trying to figure out a way to simultaneously rig a tank and a parachute so I can fly out to those remote sites, jump out of plane at altitude, splash, and go straight down....getting home might be a problem tho...

Join the SEALs, they will teach you how, and they provide the ride home, too. :D

What happened to the OK to fly as a class E diver???
Commercial flight cabin pressure is about 3,000 feet AGL.
Non-pressurized aircraft cabin pressure would be equivalent to actual AGL but FAA limits the ceiling to 10,000 feet AGL on these flights.
Anybody done the math?

Frog Dude

Walt1957:
Join the SEALs, they will teach you how, and they provide the ride home, too. :D
The last part may not become a reality. :wink:

Gary D.

Frog Dude:
Commercial flight cabin pressure is about 3,000 feet AGL.

Anybody done the math?

Frog Dude
I think if you do some checking you will see that your figures are a bit closer to the ground than actual flight conditions.

Gary D.

trucker girl:
And when I say "no?" I'm not actually asking. Please, no quoting, arguing, or otherwise tearing my comments apart.

:krach: :maniac: :1poke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom