No More Paper FMMs ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have an update on this for CZM? Is it staying consistent that only the customs "1 form per family" and not the FMM form? Thx
That's correct.
AA was still passing them out, and I heard that for a while the immigration officers were collecting them and putting them in a pile and ignoring them. More recently, they're not even collecting them.

Edit to add: AA passed out the old customs forms, telling me that the new form would not be accepted. That, as I learned from a previous trip, was incorrect. Both forms are satisfactory.

I've learned to pretty much ignore anything the airlines have to say about immigration or customs. They always seem to be behind the curve and clueless.

Does anyone have an update on this for CZM? Is it staying consistent that only the customs "1 form per family" and not the FMM form? Thx
I flew about two weeks ago. AA passed them out but at immigration they were not needed. The officer told me and showed me that they just stamp your passport.
On the customs form I once again did the online form and printed it out instead of the one handed out on the plane. In May no issues using it. This time the guy in the line said that he never seen it before but after we collected out luggage and went thru customs the girl just took it, no problem.

October no FFM was taken at entry. We filled them out on the plane as they were handed out. No one asked for them upon arrival, no one tore off the part they keep and we keep for departing. Upon departing 2 weeks later no one asked for anything... We still had the full form on us just in case.

December 2022
American Airlines did not hand any immigration form out. Inside the Cozumel airport the man at the counter scanned my passport then stamped it & wrote how many days I’d be here. Then I just filled out the customs page, put my bag through the X-ray and handed the completed customs sheet to another worker. Got the green light & went on my way :) Very quick in & out, and I don’t have the worry about keeping any immigration form for exit!

What about land travel into Mexico or sea travel ten miles south of border to Coronados islands? Is FMM required then?

Back
Top Bottom