Non-alchohol related MV deaths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi

Contributor
Reaction score
I received an email from me mom. Seems a few teens (I know the extended family of one of them) were headed home but a bit later than curfew; their "solution" was to drive really fast (70MPH in a 30MPH zone) to get to the closest teen's house, call the other parents, etc.

The result was tragedy. I cannot imagine the heartache but I can "imagine" being the officer responding to the tragedy.

All you parents should let your childrens know that you'd rather they be late than dead.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/04/22/four_teens_are_killed_in_leicester_car_crash/

Only posts dealing with speed are allowed in this thread. All other post will be deleted without warning.

JeffG:
Only posts dealing with speed are allowed in this thread. All other post will be deleted without warning.

I have been away from SB for awhile, what is this extreme ruling about sticking to the OP guidelines, I am beginning to get turned off to this in a big way, it is annoying to see so much of the converstaion becoming a debate about what you can post and can not post, don't like what you read, skip it and move on I say.

Mauifish:
I have been away from SB for awhile, what is this extreme ruling about sticking to the OP guidelines, I am beginning to get turned off to this in a big way, it is annoying to see so much of the converstaion becoming a debate about what you can post and can not post, don't like what you read, skip it and move on I say.
You're off topic...Please edit your post.

Oh, it can be fun staying on topic.

Just...go with it. Are you outraged?

I don't believe in curfews, Greenie. I have been known to make outrageous compromises to my own ethical beliefs for fear of my child putting themselves in a deadly situation.

catherine96821:
Oh, it can be fun staying on topic.

Just...go with it. Are you outraged?

I don't believe in curfews, Greenie. I have been known to make outrageous compromises to my own ethical beliefs for fear of my child putting themselves in a deadly situation.

My dear sweet Catherine, the topic is not curfews, it is driving too fast causing deaths. Please stay on topic !!! :D :eyebrow:

JeffG:
What's meth got to do with it?

oh, I am a lost cause. As long as I don't drink and drive fast, and just sit here and opine with Greenie, I will stay alive. We just think too fast maybe. They put people like that with ADD on Ritalin. Maybe that would make us more focused?

60% non-alcohol related, as catherine stated in another thread, the alcohol related crash statistics do not diferentiate the amount of alcohol. One death every 13 minutes, just where is the outrage?

Car Crash Stats: There were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005. The financial cost of these crashes is more than 230 Billion dollars. 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed. About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- one death every 13 minutes.

In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents in the US. There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.

In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.

There were an estimated 6,356,000 car accidents in the US in 2000. There were about 3.2 million injuries and 41,821 people were killed in auto accidents in 2000 based on data collected by the Federal Highway Administration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom