Non Scuba Related

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's an update: After extensive testing the 2nd motherboard is also falty. Here's a valuable lesson I've learned though. It looks like the Computer Depot, I picked up the board from, keeps on selling people the same motherboard. They make a killing because they charge you a 20% restocking fee for returning it. Hence just selling it to 4 or 5 suckers, pays the bills for them. Never again, I tell you, will I give that company my business. With as many people as I have contact with around here, my mouth will surely hurt their business much more than the $30 they ripped me off for. I'm now on a mission :mission:

On a righter note, my 1 Gig machine is working wonderfully, and the 1.2 Gig Thunderbird is now a 1.32 and climbing!

A restocking fee on Warranty Exchange? Then they sell the same part to somebody else? The nerve of some people. I wouldn't shop there anymore.

Discount places like that usually end up costing more in the long run. No reliable pre-purchase advice. No tech support afterwards. Then a restocking charge.

Why didn't I think of that?

But it works. OhMy it must work.

Tom

Positive, I tried all of the same hardware on the other idential board we purchased for my roomates machine, and it's definitely the culprit! I've had the same luck with women lately, I need to find myself a Mermaid!

Well it certainly sounds like you are having so-o-o much fun Mario. Gee my friends who are in the PC biz have just got hear about the restock/resell thing.

Although I'm in the IT biz I've floated away (quite happily I must say) from the hardware side or I would have given you my 0.02 by now. However, you have questions on programing, set-ups I can problably give you sound advice.

Good thing you don't have the same problem diving -- we might miss you. ;-0

Now about that mermaid. If you supply the specifications, I'm sure all your "friends here" can find JUST what you need. For starters: must be breathing (y/n)... must like leopard skin (y/n) Kidding! :wink:

You would think I ask alot, I really dont...
  • Someone with a love for diving, if not currently certified, I could do that...
  • Someone with a good sense of humor.
  • Someone with a good heart.
  • Someone who isn't a prissy little weakling.
  • Someone who appreciates being spoiled.
  • Someone who remains faithful to her s/o.
That about covers what I'm lookin for in a Mermaid... let me know if anyone knows anyone who fits the discription... LOL!

I'm already taken but I'll sure keep my eyes open for ya!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom