Norte??? In APRIL?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Can you believe it? Here we are mid April and the port is closed for all boats under 50' and for all aquatic activity...which basically means only the ferries and cruise ships can move. The wind has been blowing hard all night and hopefully will calm down enough to get us out for afternoon dives. Unbelievable!

I don't doubt it; it's been 40F in the mornings the past few days here in San Antonio and last week we had a couple of nasty storms. Personally I'm enjoying the cool weather, but I'm sorry to hear you're stuck on land!

Christi:
Can you believe it? Here we are mid April and the port is closed for all boats under 50' and for all aquatic activity...which basically means only the ferries and cruise ships can move. The wind has been blowing hard all night and hopefully will calm down enough to get us out for afternoon dives. Unbelievable!

I wondered if it would get to you. I nearly posted a "heads up" on Saturday; when a front roars through here and we get 30 mph north wind for two days, Cozumel usually gets it.

A norte in April is unususal, but last year when I was on the island we got one in May. I don't remember if they actually closed the port, but they were talking about it. The unusually chill (for May) NW wind was really whipping up the channel. We went to eat at Especias (upstairs and open air) while it was going on, and it was almost uncomfortably cool and the wind was blowing stuff off the tables.

I hope it blows itself out soon.

A little bit off subject but with this cool spring we have had here in central Texas....it is a banner year for the bluebonnets.....we took the motorcycle and drove around Willow City Loop yesterday awesome fields of solid blue....if you have been this year go before they are all gone mid April they are at their peak ....Christi I know you love bluebonnets and they are everywhere this spring....

I can believe that the harbor is closed today! We were diving yesterday morning and on our second dive when we surfaced getting back on the boat was really tricky and what a ride we had back to the caletta at about 1pm.
Still waiting for one more day of diving in Cozumel before our return to Arizona!
Ruth and Scott

The port opened at 12:30! That's the good news!

However, of my 24 divers here right now...I cold only locate 4 of them to get them out on the afternoon trip. Obviously I don't expect them to be sitting in their rooms, but they will be very disappointed to hear that it opened. At Noon the harbor master said it was still closed and would be closed until the next report at 4:00pm...then he opened it at 12:30 after I told everyone to go enjoy their day! Figures!

yep, damn that Al Gore. I wish he would have stopped after inventing the internet, inventing global warming has been a real downer.

Christi:
The port opened at 12:30! That's the good news!

However, of my 24 divers here right now...I cold only locate 4 of them to get them out on the afternoon trip. Obviously I don't expect them to be sitting in their rooms, but they will be very disappointed to hear that it opened. At Noon the harbor master said it was still closed and would be closed until the next report at 4:00pm...then he opened it at 12:30 after I told everyone to go enjoy their day! Figures!
And it's your fault!

We had an inch of snow in the Central Plains Easter, was odd. Surprised it got down there. Wore short sleeves yesterday, but today is too rainy - a welcome thing on the high desert here.

I blame it on the people that blame it on global warming :d

at any rate, it better clear up by friday or I'm gonna take some names when I get there!!!

Back
Top Bottom