North Fort Myers IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mafiaman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of a PADI shop here that offers the IDC?

Mafiaman:
Does anyone know of a PADI shop here that offers the IDC?

The closest IDC to Fort Myers is Pro Dive in Fort Lauderdale. There are several IDCs in the Keys (Ocean Divers is very good) and another across the state in Vero Beach.

We (Not me, but a staff instructor at the dive center where I work) can train you up to assistant instructor, but it would make more sense to do that with the CDC you use for your IDC.

Thank you for your reply and offer. FYI, the same guy who does Ocean Divers does Rainbow and a few others often he'll group candidates from 2-3 shops together to make a class.

Other than the experience and practice what clear benefits are there in AI and not going straight to IDC? I mean that you didn't already get from DM? Just asking for my information.

The main reasons I'm trying to find a local CD for IDC is so I don't have to drop everything and relocate for 10 days.

Chris.

Mafiaman:
Other than the experience and practice what clear benefits are there in AI and not going straight to IDC? I mean that you didn't already get from DM? Just asking for my information.

The main reasons I'm trying to find a local CD for IDC is so I don't have to drop everything and relocate for 10 days.

Chris.

IMO, there are none other than breaking up the time one must spend in class- for instance not being abole to get two weeks off work, etc...

The difference in what you can conduct/supervise and employment possibilities between a Divemaster and AI is pretty minimal.

Are you in Atlanta? Isnt there an IDC there?

I'm right over here close to Hancock Bridge and Orange grove Blvd.
N.Fort Myers for about 7 months +-

But I do own a house in Loganville but work makes me travel for extended periods.

CBulla:
Welcome to the area - your a few miles from me :D

Yea Yea, with your reproduction schedule and your work, your harder to meet then Jimmy Hoffa. :rofl3:

NOt PADI but there are a few guys in Town that can cross you over to NAUI . And do an ITC but it not a short term thing. Jim Joseph up in Port Charlotte used to do the Naui 12 day Instructor Class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom