northwest baggage limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuckrt

Contributor
Reaction score
I recieved a notice from Northwest the other day about change in luggage. It seems they are still allowing 2 bags but lowered the weight limit to 50lbs. If between 50-70lbs. they have a surcharge and from 70 and up an even higher charge. Has anyone else seen this as well. Before everyone asks I think it was in my newsletter they send out to freq. flyer's.

chuckrt

It is posted on NWA.com as well. Charge is $25 for 50-70 and $50 for 70-100. Old was $89 for 70+. This charge is per bag and additive with there oversize penatly, which I think is $80. Also the say per flight. Not, sure if that is outbound and return or if it is for evey leg of each. Could sure at up quick if it is the later.

Let's see 2 bages oversized at 75lbs for a round trip with 3 legs each would be $780. Time for everyone to buy smaller bags and pack light. Also, their 62 measurements include wheels and legs so some of the so called legal bags may not be just that.

I wonder what other companies are going to different weights/ legnth limits. Including the wheels in the 62" measurement is scandelous, especially since most luggage companies measure without using wheels as part of measurement. I was going to buy all new luggage, I think I'll hold off for awhile now.
sharkman
:guitar:

Takes effect Dec,15,2002 and it is 50 pounds per piece of luggage.

I did find it lousy that Northwest included (U.S., Canada, Caribbean, Mexico) as Domestic:confused:

Someone forgot to tell me that we all of a sudden became one huge super country or maybe they are now going to consider North America all domestic flights:upset:

I will be flying Northwest in January, I guess I am going to have to weigh my bags carefully and spread out the weight.

Back
Top Bottom