Not another snowbird . . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's pretty wild, you mostly hear about great whites up in Jacksonville, I had no idea they ventured into the keys!!! could you provide a link to the original article, I'd like to read a bit more about this

There have been at least couple of Great Whites caught off of the keys, I'm pretty sure in the area of the Islamorada Hump. I haven't heard of any for many years, not sure if it's because they have become a protected species you can't bring to the dock anymore or not. If you do a Google search I'm sure you'll find something, I recall a monster Great White being caught down there not too long ago.

Be careful with researching giant florida gators. Therer are many very good hoaxes out there in the WorldWideWeb. I have been told it has been quite sometime since one over 16' has been caught but I cannot confirm that. Records show in the 1900's one of 19' was caught.

A GW would empty my tank and fill my shorts at first sight.. yikes.

we had a 14 footer out in the swampy areas where I used to work.

(they took a pic of him in front of an object and then later went out there and measured it in reference to the picture to determine his length.).

needless to say... he pretty much did what he wanted to.... and we let him.

If you look at the habitat and range of GWS, you will find that they can show up most anywhere in Florida... Same with Whalesharks; not common, but they do show up on occasion..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom