Not necessarily a scuba agency but they do provide a cert. PSI-PCI ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without digging up the references. They are tanks in the carbon fiber group that because of some regestry listing says only the manufacturer or a certified PSI inspector can do a valid visdual inspection on them.

Let me add one more thing. A big portion of the PSI thing is that when complying with thier practices you are to some degree pretected from suit. If a carbon tank blows and it is found that it was not inspected by wither the manufacturer or a PSI inspector it is considered as not being inspected at all. I am not sure if that applies to ALL forms of CF tanks but certainly some of them it does. So by virtue of this reg being placed in the federal registry it is LAW that only a manufactorer or PSI inspection is valid.

What tanks are you talking about? You don't need any certification to do a visual inspection. I've taken the PSI course and the TDI course. The TDI course was better because the instructor was better. I was allowed to use my PSI book (which I purchased) in my TDI course.

Back
Top Bottom