Not So Far North Queensland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonDawg

Contributor
Reaction score
G'day everybody....

I'll be returning Down Under in November for another vacation. Part of that will be a week spent scuba diving somewhere off the coast of Queensland.

My previous (and first ever) Aussie scuba trips were a series of day trips out of Cairns using TUSA dive. While I realize it wasn't the best the GBR had to offer, I found them perfectly satisfactory.

For this trip, I'm hoping not to have to go that far north. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations further south? The Whitsundays sound interesting (if a bit pricey) as well as Airlie Beach, Lady Musgrave Island, etc.

And yes I did a search :11: I also checked the underwater.com.au site and found some good info, though many of the links are either outdated (broken) or else are just email links.

The only caveat is that it CANNOT be a liveaboard as I will be accompanied by someone who is NOT a diver. I realize I again will be missing out on the best diving, but the Cairns/TUSA dives were perfectly enjoyable for me. I'm not particularly interested in wrecks (i.e. the Yongala) unless they're fairly shallow, as I'm more interested in bottom time than going to deep dark and scary places :D

Thanks in advance.

No one giving you a hand here Ron, let me try to help.........

One day diving out of Airlie Beach can be done on reef jet

At the moment you can only get one dive in because of the whale watching, but after a quick call to Ken he assures me by November it will be back to 2.

Cost: $120 for snorkeller incl: trfers, lunch , snorkel gear

4 you 2 dive add $70 for first dive and $40 for second. These are guided dives with full gear.

SAME MONEY AS TUSA....except the flights.

Ron, I dont get on here as much as I should, hope this helped and if you need more advice email info@scubadive.com.au

Kind Regards AJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom