Not so mini ....season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Ryan, how deep did you dive to catch Lobzilla?

Hey Ryan, how deep did you dive to catch Lobzilla?

Thats classified until after tomorrow. Lets just say we caught almost all those lobsters in a single spot. :)

Debby, how did you get out there today... charter? Or beach diving?

We dove out of Fort Lauderdale and it was blue water for everything outside the first reef. The vis was actually some of the best I've seen lately, could see the boat at 90' down.

There certainly were a lot of boats on the 1st and 2nd reef lines. Despite the number of boats, I thought everyone was well behaved and didn't see anyone operating their boat recklessly. Well done captains!

It looked like there were some serious underwater battles. By the time we made our last dive of the day there was evidence of crustacean carnage scattered about the reef.

DebbyDiver:
Nope. All gone. Every last one of them. :rofl3:

My report is on the other lobster thread. "Only" six but I'm still a happy camper!!

Ryan, I didn't even ask you what city...just how deep!!!

I ask because Justin/OBX caught a lobzilla right off the beach last year. I wasn't there but I saw the pix. It was a dragon!!

I dove with my kayak, two dives. I am LOVING kayak diving! You can go way out further and you don't have to reserve air for a swim back. It's a lot of work though and a whole bunch more stuff to wash and put away at the end of the day.

Debby, you weren't that green kayak were you?

We caught lobzilla in 60 feet of water.

It was really hit or miss today, one dive we only caught 2 lobsters, but we marked the spot since I saw about 100 hogfish, literally... at least.

Then on our last dive, we landed on the spot and it hit, we just kept going and every 10 feet there was another hole with 2 - 4 lobsters. Then all of a sudden, my dive buddy (spotter, she doesn't really catch them), points out another one, I descend over to the cave and WHAM! I see this dude starring right at me... I was almost scared to even try and snare him, when they are standing underwater with their feet out, they are simply massive. He's as big as that 25" grouper. We came back I think with 18, but I would say we released about 15-20 due to female/shorts. About 15 being female, TONS AND TONS of them.

Nope, I have a yum-yum yellow Prowler 13.

Even though there were not many lobsters, I want to report that the reef in my area is thriving. There were as many fish as Pennekamp. An incredibly beautiful day.

I don't know if its the Diver, or the Captain that puts you on those good spots, that I would give credit to :)

All I know is those are some damn sexy feet and fingers :D

Here is a pic with a better than legal lobster in there for perspective

CID__0725071450.jpg

dumbass, lol. I think we only had one single lobster that was barely legal... they were actually almost all rather big. Did you eat jumbo yet?

Didn't have time before work. But Trust me it will. How about some grouper sandwiches for lunch on the boat tomorrow?(or do you want me to freeze some for you/your mom?) Gonna bring some food out there for sure tomorrow.

Oh and the total count was 17 lobster, 1 grouper, and 5 hogs.

Nice, considering we weren't lobster crazy and just going to have fun. I can still vividly see your spear stopping 1 inch before that groupers head, lol. I was like, man, that grouper has some thick skin, the spear bounced right off.

But as usual, the Lobster Terminator (ME) cleaned house with fish and lobster. You are gonna have to bring a better game tomorrow! :)

No grouper for me, I'll stop and pick something up at publix tonight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom