Nothing beats that...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These fins going to be used on the upcoming Truk Trip?

Yup... into the suitcase tomorrow!

Here's my favorite fins... spotted on one of the guides last time I was there:

Fins2.jpg

While I am glad this worked out for you, I am quite surprised. The Scubapro USA warranty is fairly clear - 1 year. I wonder if they will replace the exhaust tees on my 30 Y/O Balanced Adjustables.
I was under the impression that jets had a lifetime warranty. It was under that impression that I turned a 6yr old pair back in because one of the rubber welds was splitting apart. The LDS acknowledged that they knew I had bought those from them, but they said they had to talk to scuba pro to see if they would send a replacement pair. Scuba pro did. And all this without me having to produce the receipt.

I was under the impression that jets had a lifetime warranty. It was under that impression that I turned a 6yr old pair back in because one of the rubber welds was splitting apart. The LDS acknowledged that they knew I had bought those from them, but they said they had to talk to scuba pro to see if they would send a replacement pair. Scuba pro did. And all this without me having to produce the receipt.

Scubapro warranty statement: SCUBAPRO - Warranty Information

Elsewhere on their site I find this:
If I buy a SCUBAPRO product in my country, do I have a life-time warranty worldwide?
Only regulators and some fins are covered by a life-time worldwide warranty to the original owner, provided they have been purchased through an Authorized Dealer. Regarding regulators, they must be serviced every twenty-four months or one hundred dives (whichever comes first) by an Authorized Dealer, using original SCUBAPRO spare parts, in order to maintain the life-time warranty.

I can't find any indication of which fins are covered.

Scubapro warranty statement: SCUBAPRO - Warranty Information

Elsewhere on their site I find this:
If I buy a SCUBAPRO product in my country, do I have a life-time warranty worldwide?
Only regulators and some fins are covered by a life-time worldwide warranty to the original owner, provided they have been purchased through an Authorized Dealer. Regarding regulators, they must be serviced every twenty-four months or one hundred dives (whichever comes first) by an Authorized Dealer, using original SCUBAPRO spare parts, in order to maintain the life-time warranty.

I can't find any indication of which fins are covered.

You're spending a lot more time worrying about this than ScubaPro did.

You're spending a lot more time worrying about this than ScubaPro did.

Just trying to understand whether shop and mfgr simply did what they were supposed to do or if someone went above and beyond warranty entitlements.

Back
Top Bottom