Nov 4-5 Ocala Dives, Canoe/Kayaking, Camping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately, the area of Paradise that is OW and swimmable is maybe 10'x10'. Are you going to be around Sunday? If so, Alexander Springs isn't far, and a lot more fun for swimming & OW diving. I almost certainly have to work on Friday, so the 4th is out for me.

scubafool:
Unfortunately, the area of Paradise that is OW and swimmable is maybe 10'x10'.

In that case I'm out. Maybe Troy or something up thata way. I'm still cleaning the sand out of my gear from Alexander.

We're confirmed for the Juniper Springs canoe trip on Saturday so Sunday is our biking/swimming day. If anybody will be diving, please post so we'll know who to look for. We're leaving Friday about 10 am an although I'm wireless I don't know how Verizon broadband will work up there. Happy diving!

We needed this change of scenery more than I could have known. The weather was great and stars BRIGHT in the cool, dry air. The Juniper Springs canoe trip was terrific (saw gators, a BIG buck and all the usual snakes, turtles, skinks and something WHITE that looked like an iguana) and we spent Sunday on the bikes ending at Alexander Springs for a few hours of lounging (two gators in the pool with us and raccoons & buzzards on shore)... couldn't get enough of the wildlife.

The drive back was a quick 4 hours and I'll be glad to hit the sack soon.

Haven't seen the water yet in the dark but hopefully we'll be shore diving this week sometime!

Glad you had a good time! This is the time of year to go camping in Florida, no question. If you ever get the chance go to Lake Kissimmee State Park and bring the yak. Very nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom